Ah, memories...

Started by Adam_Fulford, Mar 15 07 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_Fulford

Once, animals had a go at me when I was lying wounded on the side of a road. It somehow didn't seem real when it was happening.  As a nature documentary commentator said, "Nature, in her wisdom, provides an efficient industry of scavengers to cull the dead or near dying from her lush bounty."  

pitbullca.bc

GORDY GAMBINO

WHAT SORTA ANIMALS.  I PICTURE A BIG BEAR BUT I DON'T THINK YOUD SURVIVE THAT CHEWIN ON YA NUTS.
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

pitbullca.bc

it was the deer...they wuz after his pie hole!

P.C.

pitbull wrote:

WTF?

I'd have to say....I'm WITH you on that one.

What AM I missing ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Adam_Fulford

P.C. wrote:
[em]pitbull wrote:[/em]
[em]WTF?[/em]
 [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]I'd have to say....I'm WITH you on that one.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]
What [strong style="font-style: italic;"]AM[/b] I missing ?

I was watching a nature documentary and it brought back memories.  As for your questions, I did already answer it. Wounded or dying creatures -- including humans -- can quickly become meals for a range of scavengers.  It's a well known fact. I'm surprised that anybody would be surprised by that.  I'm alive and well and I'm not complaining. Just sharing a memory that, truth be told, is not a particularly uncommon kind of experience in many parts of the world.

pitbullca.bc

well...it seems that we cannot read minds...and that sharing more than what you did would help us understand what your memory has to do with animals scavenging on the roadside.  You aren't looking at it from our point....we don't understand what you are talking about...but the messed up way that you put it looks cool!  LOL

Lil Me

Keep it coming, Adam Fulford.

I'll look forward to more profundity.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

TehBorken

Wellll, errr, alrighty then.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Adam_Fulford

pitbullca.bc wrote:
....we don't understand what you are talking about...but the messed up way that you put it looks cool!  LOL

It goes over real well at cocktail parties, delivered with a smiling face and chirpy voice.  Then I bring up the weather and celebrity gossip with a disconcerting intensity. That really throws them off.

weird al

Occasionally people will recount anecdotes from their past that may have been of great significance in their lives, but they express them in such a way that people don't understand them. This can be quite confusing. Even so, sometimes they are very useful to them.

Adam_Fulford

weird al wrote:
Occasionally people will recount anecdotes from their past that may have been of great significance in their lives, but they express them in such a way that people don't understand them. This can be quite confusing. Even so, sometimes they are very useful to them.

Interesting observation, articulately expressed. You're weren't being deliberately vague, unlike one of us here. There are a number of methods a person can use to tell stories so that people understand them. I'm generally more interested in listening to people than talking about myself (though, I am talking about myself, saying this).

GORDY GAMBINO

YEAH MATE BUT WHAT ANIMAL WAS EATING YOU?  DID U SHOOT IT??
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

weird al

Adam_Fulford wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]weird al wrote:[/SPAN]
[BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"] [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Occasionally people will recount anecdotes from their past that may have been of great significance in their lives, but they express them in such a way that people don't understand them. This can be quite confusing. Even so, sometimes they are very useful to them.[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]
Interesting observation, articulately expressed. You're weren't being deliberately vague, unlike one of us here. There are a number of methods a person can use to tell stories so that people understand them. I'm generally more interested in listening to people than talking about myself (though, I am talking about myself, saying this).

Actually Adam, I was being deliberately vague, or at least I thought I was until I read this just now. This makes me kind of uneasy. Have I failed to make myself unclear??