Height Question.

Started by Sparkleface, Mar 15 07 05:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparkleface

Okay, so I am 5 foot 5 and that's considered 'average' height here. I am going to be moving to Japan shortly, would 5 foot 5 for a women be tall there?

Any info would be great. Thanks.
Oh Hai.=3

TehBorken

Sparkleface wrote:
Okay, so I am 5 foot 5 and that's considered 'average' height here. I am going to be moving to Japan shortly, would 5 foot 5 for a women be tall there?

You'll be taller than the average by about an inch or so, according to WikiPedia:

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height"]The average height of a Japanese female is 5' 2.4"[/a]  (scroll down)
[font size="-1"][/font]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sparkleface

TehBorken wrote:
  Sparkleface wrote:

You'll be taller than the average by about an inch or so, according to WikiPedia:

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height"]The average height of a Japanese female is 5' 2.4"[/A]  (scroll down)
[FONT size=-1][/FONT]  

Ohhh.=C. Thats more than an inch. Oh well, I'll go there anyway and be a giant.^^^^^^^^

Oh Hai.=3

Lil Me

My tall female friend lived there for a few years.  Needed to have mom&dad send new clothes and shoes from Canada.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

TehBorken

Sparkleface wrote:
Ohhh.=C. Thats more than an inch. Oh well, I'll go there anyway and be a giant.^^^^^^^^
 [div style="font-style: italic;"][/div]
Actually a *lot* of Japanese women wear high heels, so just wear flats and you'll hardly be noticed.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sparkleface

TehBorken wrote:
  Sparkleface wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Ohhh.=C. Thats more than an inch. Oh well, I'll go there anyway and be a giant.^^^^^^^^[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"] [DIV style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]

Actually a *lot* of Japanese women wear high heels, so just wear flats and you'll hardly be noticed.  

Thanks!! Good idea.^^^^^^^.......But I love heels....Oh my...this is a hard desion, heels or tall......Hmmmmm. I'll wear the heels after I find a tall guy. Lol.

Oh Hai.=3

Sparkleface

Lil Me wrote:
My tall female friend lived there for a few years.  Needed to have mom&dad send new clothes and shoes from Canada.    
     Wow, thats insane. How tall was she?
Oh Hai.=3

Lise

You are taller than me. Enjoy your height in Japan.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sparkleface

Lise wrote:
 You are taller than me. Enjoy your height in Japan.[/DIV]
 Thanks.....maybe I will. ^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh Hai.=3

Lil Me

Sparkleface wrote:
 Wow, thats insane. How tall was she?
 --

About 6'.
 I believe they also sent toothpaste (Japanese toothpaste tastes "funny"), breakfast cereal and marshmallows.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sparkleface

Lil Me wrote:
Sparkleface wrote:
 [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Wow, thats insane. How tall was she?[/SPAN]
--

About 6'.
I believe they also sent toothpaste (Japanese toothpaste tastes "funny"), breakfast cereal and marshmallows.
[/DIV]

Ohhh. Well I don't think I'll have a problem with the clothes then. I'm not that tall.
Oh Hai.=3

Sportsdude

glad I don't have a height problem, I feel for you short people ;) :)
But good lord, I pray my kids aren't this tall or god forbid taller then me. yikes  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Yes SD.  We know that you're tall and have big feet. ;)

Sparkleface, you'll do just fine over at Japan.  Enjoy the boys, clothes, shoes and sushi. ;)

Sportsdude

and big hands don't forget about the big hands ;)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

[img]https://secure.scavengeinc.com/scavengeinc.com/product_thumb.php?img=images/rubies/2810.jpg&w=200&h=200"]
 like Mickey Mouse?