Who has been smiting me and why?

Started by greycat, Mar 11 07 09:39

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

I'd just like to echo something that was touched on earlier.
If someone leaves DS because of their karma score and not because of what it represents, then I think someone missed the point. And in that someone's case, changing the karma options is not a very helpful solution.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

TehBorken

tenkani wrote:
If someone leaves DS because of their karma score and not because of what it represents, then I think someone missed the point.

Yep, and to be honest, those are exactly the kind of people I'd just as soon not have here. No one generates bad karma just by breathing. They generate bad karma by pissing people off. Yes, there are exceptions and boundary cases, but most of the time it's a direct result of their behavior and/or actions. And that's why it's called "karma".

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Unwelcome

This is in response to Tenkani's post:

No I'm pretty sure that the someone who deleted their account got the point, with or without karma scores.  

tenkani

I'm pretty sure you're wrong, and I'll leave it at that.  

TehBorken

Unwelcome wrote:
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]This is in response to Tenkani's post:[/span]
No I'm pretty sure that the someone who deleted their account got the point, with or without karma scores.  

That's right, Angel, apparently you did. Not getting away with stuff like you're used to is a bitch, ain't it?

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lil Me

I'd like to know who smote me.  I ain't been bad.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Devil

[A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][img id=thepic title="Click to visit ImageShack for Image Hosting!" onclick=scaleImg() alt=img466/1598/swaggartdz9.jpg src="http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/1598/swaggartdz9.jpg"][/A].

Sportsdude

I've been smited 3 times today, oh well.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Mr Raging Poodle wrote:[/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]a bunch of people always sticking together, tiptoeing around each other, ever so afraid of voicing a dissenting opinion lest they be smitten by obsessed hamsters for the next 2-3 months.[/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][/SPAN]
tenkani wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"]LOL[/SPAN]

Well, I actually have to make a point here. Yeah, it might seem like that.. but its not true. I have alot of dissentioning opinions and state them. I will say that no matter what. Notice how Ive been smited? I know of alot of comments on here that are dissenting from this 'clique' that is mentioned.

Im known to have a few too many drinks at times and put some strange stuff on here, lol. I smoke and I know alot of people REALLY dont like that. I will listen to them and their opinions.. but I will have a differing one. I live my own life regardless of what others think of me, I could have a smite score of immense proportions.. and Id still be the same.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I like that there's this smite feature.  Not everyone on here is going to agree with my opinions.  I'm also quite opinionated when it comes to certain topics and quite frankly, don't really care if someone wants to smite me for it anymore.  

I do agree to a certain extent that people here "tip toe" with their words as to not hurt someone else.  There were times when I SO MUCH wanted to fully say what I really wanted to say but then, I know that I'd hurt that person's feelings because that person is super sensitive.  But, there exists "internet etiquette."  But, Vancouver people are generally that way anyways, in real life.  We're all nice and mushy to each other face-to-face, but when these people are not together, they talk behind your back.  It happens all the time, in real life or via the internet.        

Lil Me

it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

female

TehBorken wrote:
 tenkani wrote:
If someone leaves DS because of their karma score and not because of what it represents, then I think someone missed the point.

Yep, and to be honest, those are exactly the kind of people I'd just as soon not have here. No one generates bad karma just by breathing. They generate bad karma by pissing people off. Yes, there are exceptions and boundary cases, but most of the time it's a direct result of their behavior and/or actions. And that's why it's called "karma".

aw mr borken.. i've been very bad. i blame the internet!!

tenkani

Female is an exception of course.
She's proof that one or two people with a lot of time on their hands can whip up a hell of a curse.
Nice to see she's still around      

Lise

If it's any consolation, your bless points are higher than smites.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Yup!
Actually, considering she doesn't post very often that's a hell of a lot of blesses!

|