Hey Orik

Started by Pay Back, Mar 11 07 03:55

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

Point taken. Both would be powertripping, I agree.
I can't speak to the recent Orik thing because that happened after I left and my knowledge on it is a little sketchy.
I think one of the biggest mistakes made by the DV power structure (I think I mentioned this before) was to specifically tell the mods never to explain any of our actions.
That only increases resentment and the fog of war just brings suspicion on the entire mod squad and not just the mod responsible. Like people complained about when Academe was on a rampage, the biggest problem was a complete lack of accountability. Which is truly sad, because some of the mods are actually quite good. X, for instance, had an amazing aptitude for the job from the very beginning and is good at keeping his ego out of the decision making process. So mad props to Master X.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Orik

Screw em all...

Mods r mods... but posters do deserve a explanation of the reasoning behind a ban... and if the mods can not understand the difference behind sarcastic ribbing meant in a good nature.... fück em....

and then banning a poster repetitively cause i told em all where to go via email. after getting no responce for a large number or hrs.... .. i think thats what pissed em off most... and tenk accidentally got a copy of that email... (frogot he quit) well so he says...

me abuse my mod hood nah i didn't do that ... i deleted a lot of eed posts though... and i did delete all my own posts and proceeded to tell mike and the admins to well lets say it wasn't very nice ...i may have not liked x much still don't... but thats a whole other kettle of fish...

dv is a cesspool mods protect their favorite posters and honestly mods do abuse there power not all of them do it.... but i Do know X handle jacked and trolled often... then he told us other mods not to tell razor or RC about him doing so... I still think X  continues to troll and handle jack...

so where is the accountability ... i request my troll handle jacker to be deleted... yet they are left up while i watch other troll handle jackers  who handle jack other posters get deleted...... i do see a lot of favoritism on dv and i get banned for voicing my opinions ... no such thing as free speech on dv.... if the mod doesn't agree with u ... they delete and ban you ...   and i am not talking about the rampant racism either)

i do not handle jack...  I do not post objectionable material... ( okay those vomit pics may be objectionable but i no longer post those...) i censor pics if they contain any nudity before i post those... and i never posts racially insensitive topics or comments....i may not always like the mods and i sure as hell fire don't like mike at all and his polices are shit... ( most of the time)

so Mikey if ur reading this where's that registration... did you get anymore lawsuits at dv lately,,, going to go on cbc and defend the site again... when you know that u r the cause behind much of the shit that happens cause you have no tos agreement for the posters or the mods... before they enter the site one should ahave to read and agree to the terms of service before being alowed in to the site... dv should also Carrie a 18 & over only adult warning due to the way thing currently run...

rules mike thinks he can break em and does...

i think i remember mike saying dv has 13 mods...  i say that is more bull shit to protect and cover his ass from more lawsuits...

oh yeah

never ever question the admins about the site security or the mods especially if you feel a rogue mod or a good hacker is at work... boy did those threads get deleted quick... and i was promptly banned right after asking that question in a mod thread i created......

i can only hope dv admins continue to listen to the posters on the forum and continue to repair the forum code... dv could be better... with some changes... but i think mike does not wish to make those changes for fear of losing even more money from  what may or may not cause a decrees in posters posting...

one other question asked once before mike still has not answered

if the mods on clubzone get paid

and the mods on your other forums get paid

how come the mods on dv do not get paid ?

i wonder if Mike will issue a decree for me to be banned and deleted when i return to dv

for posting all this....

goes back to doing laundry...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

bad kitty

orik this is not a service, these are volunteer positions..  

Hahaha

Did Orik get banned again on DV?

[A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=148259"]http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=148259[/A]  

teehee

its amusing how big of a bone you people have for mike and dv. is there honestly NOTHING at all going on in seattle to talk about? Is that really the only purpose of this site, a place to vent your love/hate relationship with that other site?

TehBorken

teehee wrote:
its amusing how big of a bone you people have for mike and dv.

"You people"? lol!  A couple of people dare to discuss DV here without your permission, and that gets your panties in a wad? lol!!!

I personally don't care one way or the other... but if people want to discuss DV here, that's okay by me. And apparently it's important enough to you to come here and post a message about it, so I guess that makes you one of "you people" too.

is there honestly NOTHING at all going on in seattle to talk about?

No, nothing whatsoever at all. Not a damn thing. It's like the whole city is empty.

Is that really the only purpose of this site, a place to vent your love/hate relationship with that other site?
 No, it's not, but I'd hardly expect you people to figure that out.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

49er

teehee wrote:
its amusing how big of a bone you people have for mike and dv. is there honestly NOTHING at all going on in seattle to talk about? Is that really the only purpose of this site, a place to vent your love/hate relationship with that other site?  

teehee,  Vancouver dvers come here to vent because they cannot do that on dv for fear of being banned.......it has nothing to do with DS or Seattle  

TehBorken

49er wrote:
[em][/em]teehee,  Vancouver dvers come here to vent because they cannot do that on dv for fear of being banned.......it has nothing to do with DS or Seattle  
 [div style="font-style: italic;"][/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"][/div]
Lol, you're right. How dare we provide them a place where they can speak freely!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

hell I have seen dv posters get banned from dv, for posting their frustration and rants here...
i see a couple of dv mods are listed on discover seattle...

i do not know if i am banned again on dv or not but i have been unable to post since 9 am this morning so it makes me wonder...

i ask some basic question ... the thread gets deleted... sighs dv is a cesspool of mod Nazis and admin devils... but i am so addicted to the place it is not funny

and there all always things going on on ds you just need to know which threads to look in ...

i love this place to.... i lurk and read alot of the posted threads with out ever replying...  i like to post about the louses at dv... Orik grins evily...

goes back to shaking sweating and  hallucinating...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]"and tenk accidentally got a copy of that email... (frogot he quit) well so he says..."[/span]

>:(

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

binny

Hey Orik, why dont you spill all the secrets of DV here? Like who is really who etc...what do you have to lose?  

Moolah!

binny wrote:
Hey Orik, why dont you spill all the secrets of DV here? Like who is really who etc...what do you have to lose?  
   Hasn't he already done that enough number of times?

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Hahaha

binny wrote:
  Hasn't he already done that enough number of times?

He indeed has done that a few times, and as a result paid for his freedom of speech on DS over at DV.  

Hahaha

However, don't ask me to provide you with any examples because I can't.

Hahaha

Also, I smell funny when I think.  

|