Hey Orik

Started by Pay Back, Mar 11 07 03:55

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hahaha

tenkani wrote:
   The bottom line is that mods on DV may be called to task for things they do, but rarely for things they DON'T do. In other words, [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]Academe and Orik were booted for actively abusing their power[/FONT], but if a mod is simply refusing to re-ban a user who keeps coming back, not much is going to be done about it. That's just the way it is.[/DIV]
 Abuse of power is the least likely word that should be used; you of all people should know.  

tenkani

Sorry, can you please rephrase that?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Hahaha

tenkani wrote:
Sorry, can you please rephrase that?[/DIV]
  The words "abuse of power" are the least likely that should be used; as an ex-DV mod you of all people should know.  [/DIV]

tenkani

Ok, yeah it's been a long day and my brain is a little jellified so bear with me.

Please rephrase that in a different manner because honestly I'm not following you.

Not playing games, just a little confused.

EDIT: Are you implying that all DV mods abuse their power and so it goes without saying?

female

The words "abuse of power" are the least likely that should be used; as an ex-DV mod you of all people should know.

oh you little under-rock-crawlers, nonamers and other bastards, you people crack me up:))))

Hahaha

female wrote:
oh you little under-rock-crawlers, nonamers and other bastards, you people crack me up:))))

So says the mod that trolls DV under various names and protects a certain person.  

female

Hahaha wrote:
female wrote:

So says the mod that trolls DV under various names and protects a certain person.  

hahaha,

i don't troll. i have two-three poster handles that are different than my mod handle, but for the most part i only use one. i don't protect anyone.

Kauboj

Isn\'t *ping* under copyright?

spring

some people!!

no respect i tell ya..

P.C.

The words "abuse of power" are the least likely that should be used; as an ex-DV mod you of all people should know.  

The DV mod's words, are the least likely 'abuse of power' people, you should know.  You should ask your ex.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Hahaha

P.C. wrote:

The DV mod's words, are the least likely 'abuse of power' people, you should know.  [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]You should ask your ex.[/FONT]

My ex what?  Ex-boss, ex-prof, ex-pired subscription to Playboy?  

P.C.

Sorry.....it was a silly post.  I was attmpting to 'word it another way' to come up with something amusing, but ended up with something more confusing. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/d010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

I'm still confused.

But it's Friday so who gives a f*ck.

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:
 "So how come everyone ganged up and was acting in unison when it came to Orik, but EED gets a preferential treatment, with some mods banning him on the spot and others turning a blind eye to his antics?"

That's really not how I would describe the Orik situation.

It went on WAY longer than it should have and [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dfffbf"]I don't think anyone was really happy or comfortable with the idea of booting a fellow mod. No one really opposed Orik's firing at the end (after all that had happened) but it wasn't a matter of ganging up and acting in unison either.[/FONT]

The bottom line is that mods on DV may be called to task for things they do, but rarely for things they DON'T do. In other words, Academe and Orik were booted for actively abusing their power, but if a mod is simply refusing to re-ban a user who keeps coming back, not much is going to be done about it. That's just the way it is.[/DIV]
 I wasn't referring to Orik's getting demodded. That was a long time ago.

I was talking about the very recent banning where all mods dutifully kept banning him.

I think in the end they reached an agreement of some sort because Orik can post now.

And ever since then he's been doing a lot of ass kissing so he won't be banned again, but that's another story...  

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:

The bottom line is that mods on DV may be called to task for things they do, but rarely for things they DON'T do. In other words, Academe and Orik were booted for actively abusing their power, but if a mod is simply refusing to re-ban a user who keeps coming back, not much is going to be done about it. That's just the way it is.

Also, I think you made a good distinction here because what you're saying illustrates different forms of powertripping: One is the active kind. Whereas there's another form where one abuses their power by turning a blind eye to the activities of one individual, however other people are punished if they committed the same act.      
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

|