Short Film Script Contest -- Winning Script Gets Produced!

Started by Adam_Fulford, Mar 10 07 03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_Fulford

[table style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td style="padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 8.15in;" valign="top" width="782"]
[p style="text-align: center;" align="center"][span style="color: black;"]The  Pacific Audio Visual Institute and AdBeau Productions Inc. proudly present the[/span][/p][p style="text-align: center;" align="center"][span style="color: blue;"][a href="http://pavi-adbeauscreenwritingcontest.com/"][span style="font-family: Broadway;"]PAVI - AdBeau Screenwriting Contest[/span][/a][/span][/p][p style="text-align: center;" align="center"][span style="font-family: Broadway; color: black;"]For Short Films of 1 to 10 Minutes[/span][/p][p style="text-align: center;" align="center"][a href="http://www.pavi-adbeauscreenwritingcontest.com/"]www.pavi-adbeauscreenwritingcontest.com[/a]         [span style="color: blue;"][a href="mailto:[email protected]"][/a][/span][/p][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]Do you have a entertaining story that would make an entertaining short film?   Here's your chance!

[/span][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" rgb(48,="" 84,="" 101);=""]With  our contest...[/span][/p][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]Winning Screenplay Gets Produced into a Short Film![/span][/p][ul style="margin-top: 0in;" type="disc"][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]directed  by an Award-Winning Professional Director[/span][/li][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]shot  in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada ("Hollywood North") [/span][/li][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]Submitted  to International Film Festivals.[/span][/li][/ul][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]Contest is International, open to all ages, as an avenue of opportunity for the global creative community.[/span][/p][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]Judges [/span][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]will be a Panel of Film Industry Professionals[/span][/p][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]The  Winning Screenwriters[/span][span style="color: black;"] [/span][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" rgb(48,="" 84,="" 101);=""]will   all get interviews, write-ups, great publicity, and enjoy the networking       advantages and prestige of being in the winners' circle.[/span]                                                          
[/p][div align="center"][table style="width: 670px; height: 188px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr style="height: 87pt;"][td style="padding: 0in; width: 176.75pt; height: 87pt;" valign="top" width="236"]
[span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]1st Place Winner[/span][/p][ul style="margin-top: 0in;" type="disc"][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]Script    is Produced[/span][/li][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]Plus    US $1000[/span][/li][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span style="font-family: Bookman Old Style;"]Movie Magic Screenwriter[/span][/li][/ul][/td][td style="padding: 0in; width: 155.15pt; height: 87pt;" valign="top" width="207"]               [span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]2nd Place  Winner[/span][/p][ul style="margin-top: 0in;" type="disc"][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]US  $500 Cash Reward[/span][/li][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span style="font-family: Bookman Old Style;"]Movie  Magic Screeenwriter[/span][/li][/ul][/td][td style="padding: 0in; width: 169.85pt; height: 87pt;" valign="top" width="226"]               [span bookman="" old="" style="" ;="" color:="" black;=""]3rd Place  Winner[/span][/p][ul style="margin-top: 0in;" type="disc"][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]US  $250 Cash Reward[/span][/li][li class="MsoNormal" style=""][span style="font-family: Bookman Old Style;"]Movie Magic Screenwriter[/span][/li][/ul]             [/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]All  Entries[/span] Win A Pavi Scholarship to The Program Of Their Choice.          [span bookman="" old="" style="" ;=""]
  Final Deadline:  3:00 pm PST on 07/30/2007[/span] [a  href="http://www.shortscriptcontest.com"]www.shortscriptcontest.com[/a]
[/div][/td][/tr] [/tbody][/table]  

Moolah!

I don't start writing before I see a 50 grand retainer in my account. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_kisses.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]    
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Adam_Fulford

Raging Poodle! wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]I don't start writing before I see a 50 grand retainer in my account. [a onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_kisses.gif')" href="jvascript:void%280%29"][/a][/div]  
 Yep, that is the floor rate for a feature script, established by the WGA.  Contests can help people get into that exclusive little club.  

Generally speaking, a producer gains the copyright once the film is being produced, and the writer loses it.  Payment for short film scripts is typically zero to minimal (been there, done that), the film is badly directed, and the original writers have no rights to the money pot if the script is later developed into a feature film.  In this contest, the film will be directed by an award-winning professional director, and the writer will have ownership rights (producer credit) if is developed into a feature film.  

An impressive short film on the film festival circuit can lead to big things.  For example, the horror film Saw was originally an 8-minute short film.  It made such waves in film festivals that the filmmakers were able to get it developed into a feature, and the feature was such a hit that two sequels were made.

Moolah!

Adam_Fulford wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Raging Poodle! wrote:[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"] [DIV style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]

[DIV style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I don't start writing before I see a 50 grand retainer in my account. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_kisses.gif')" href="jvascript:void%280%29"][/A]

Yep, that is the floor rate for a feature script, established by the WGA.  Contests can help people get into that exclusive little club.  
   Ha ha, I didn't know! I went for what I thought would be the most reasonable amount, and made a joke out of it.

Part of me must be tuned to the ongoing market values, even in fields I'm not familiar with.

Come to think of it, once in a while I do get ideas about possible short stories, and movie scripts but am usually distracted by my real work obligations.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *