Body Implants

Started by TehBorken, Mar 08 06 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

This is interesting, but I can't help thinking what happens if this guy gets hit in the head- wouldn't these implants be likely to cause a more severe injury than if they weren't there?

[h3]Subdermal implants: body-mods that give you cool lumps
[/h3][a href="http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,70322-0.html?tw=wn_index_1"]http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,70322-0.html?tw=wn_index_[/a]1

Quinn Norton profiles the body-modification practice of subdermal implants, through which substances like molded silicone are slid beneath the skin to produce raised, shaped lumps. [a href="http://bmezine.com/"]BMEZine[/a]'s Shannon Larratt -- whose site and work often appear here -- is featured in the story, which covers the connection with this work and implanted RFIDs, and why the plastic surgery establishment won't touch it.[blockquote]

[div style="text-align: left;"]Just too gross for me. Ack.
[/div][/blockquote]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

"This is interesting, but I can't help thinking what happens if this guy gets hit in the head- wouldn't these implants be likely to cause a more severe injury than if they weren't there?"[/DIV]

Something tells me he's had a knock or two about the head already.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

perpetual

I've seen pictures of men and women that implanted stuff in their genitalia....scary if you ask me, but I think it is a response to all those mechanical whirling and rippling sex toys so they figure if you can't beat them, join them!

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:

LOL, yeah that would explain it.

[/div][div]

TehBorken

perpetualacademe wrote:
I've seen pictures of men and women that implanted stuff in their genitalia.

I dated a girl who had labia rings, and I've got to tell you that they have a tendency to get snagged on stuff at the worst possible moments, and the result never seemed to fall into the category of "things that felt good" for either of us. They were sexy, but kind of impractical.

primefactor

P.C. wrote:

Word, sista.

The most attractive thing a guy can do with his noggin is stuff it with information.

primefactor

TehBorken wrote:
I dated a girl who had labia rings, and I've got to tell you that they have a tendency to get snagged on stuff at the worst possible moments

I took mine out after three years for exactly that reason. Yeeeowch!

Some Chick

I saw a show last night where dogs were getting "neuticals" or something.  Implants for dogs that have been neutered so that it looks like they still have balls.

Wierd.

Adam_Fulford

TehBorken wrote:
This is interesting...
 [BLOCKQUOTE] [img height=224 src="http://craphound.com/images/wnheadimplants.jpg" width=231 align=left]

[FONT color=#0000bf size=4]I was expecting this to happen sooner or later. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf size=4][/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf size=4]On the other hand, the ones below I never envisioned....[/FONT]

[/BLOCKQUOTE]

kitten

That arm looks like a giant case of ringworm.  Ugh!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

not suprised since now people are getting butt implants.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Aboozer

I really don't get it
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

soapbox

headline in 3 years.

"body implants cause cancer and related tissue diseases,millions sue"

what a stupid thing to do to one's body.

Gopher

How about a conscience implant for Bush?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Yeah apparently his response to the supreme court decision on git-mo was a giant 'f*ck you'.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."