What's your first car?

Started by Aragorn, Mar 08 07 09:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Hmm I'll go family cars
First family car: 1978 or something yellow Chevy Nova.  It was a beast and it blew up in my garage burned the house down in '88.  We've never bought a chevy again.

second car: '88 white Taurus.  The car was nice, it was fully loaded, used of course.  Had the car from 1989 to 1996. It was notorious for breaking down on the way to Florida each summer.  One year we went from Chattanooga Tennessee to Sarasota Florida without Air Conditioning in the July heat because altinator didn't work or something. classic.

'94 Olds Cutlass. Got it from Grandma and Grandpa after the Taurus.  Didn't have it too long. 96-1999

'00 Olds Silhoutte- (still in use)- best vehicle we've had. Its been to every state east of the mississippi plus Ontario, Kansas and Colorado.

'96 Bonneville aka the big boat- grandma's car.  The thing is huge, massively huge and oddly shaped.  Probably will ditch it for a smaller car once we find the money.

'00- ZX2- dad's car. It's got 200,000 miles on it and it has parkinsons. It shakes badly. But it runs, we need it to.  I work out of it.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

cartman

my first car wasa 1987 oldsmobile cutlass supreme with burgundy interior and had a 307 v-8 it went all right but it had a sverve water leak ans was always having moisture problems so i ended uo selling and getting a new car.....

Lil Me

kewl.  My friend Mike just bought an 87 Grand National.  We spent last summer laying rubber all over the Mary Hill bypass :)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

tenkani

First and current car is a silver 2004 Mazda 3 with a nitro-injection system for teh turbo boost.

Ok, that last part is bullshit but sometimes when I'm on the road I pretend I'm Mad Max!

Zoom Zoom!!!!
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Russ

Thats cheating Tenk! I had already hit quoted reply when I saw that there wasnt nitrous. I was going to ask what system you had in it.. I had a buddy with an AWD talon huffing nitrous.. that thing would light up all four tires and take off NOW. We replaced the engine a year after he got it.. with no nitrous.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

nitrous voids the warranty.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

*huffing nitrous*
Wah??    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lil Me

"say goodbye to your warranty"-- in Terminator voice  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein