What's your first car?

Started by Aragorn, Mar 08 07 09:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragorn

Toyota Corolla. It served me well into my university days. Died only once. Good car. RIP.

Russ

85 Toyota Tercel

next VW scirocco which I wrapped around a pole

next 84 Nissan xtracab pickup

next 87 pontiac 6000

next 85 toyota pickup which I rolled down a cliff

next 84 toyota pickup which is now my offroad truck

and I have a 1990 GMC daily driver  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

I'm still waiting to find out.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

1970 Chevy Nova, white over black. What a great car that was.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

'02 Ford Focus ZX3 black.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Define own. Family own....? We all shared. Ours was a small Mazda 121.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Aboozer

1984 mazda 626...

lot's of good times in that car...VERY good times.
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

P.C.

A Pinto........Hahahahaa.  No idea what year it was.  Just that it was lemon yellow.....go figure.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orca

1989 Pontiac Tempest - Maroon. Bought it for Cdn $5,000 in 1991 few months after getting my first job. My hubby (then fiance) split it down $2,500 each. I saved every penny I've got to get a car after waiting in -25C with bus stop full of smokers. Transport it to BC using truck for $750. I used it until its last leg, fix it up one more time and used by my parents until they barter it for $250 to the dealer. Reliable car and served us well. Like Albert for Bruce Wayne...  

Lil Me

1.  '93 Cherokee (drove for almost 15 years- on and off)
 2.  '83 Suburban (drove into the ground)
 3.  '88 Suzuki Samurai  (actually got a speeding ticket- 135 km/h!!!)
 4.  '01 Subaru Outback

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Devil

1989 Nissan Pulsar.

I worked all summer to put a kick ass stereo in it. The Stereo cost more than the car. I think it cost about 5 dollars to fill up though.

Lil Me

Devil wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]1989 Nissan Pulsar.[/div]--

with the t-roof?  So the whole world could hear your stereo?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

My hubby had a
 68 Chevelle- wrapped around a pole
 70s Scooby Doo van- finally died after a series of misadventures
 2 motorcycles
 a bunch of pickups  

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
1.  '93 Cherokee (drove for almost 15 years- on and off)
2.  '83 Suburban (drove into the ground)
3.  '88 Suzuki Samurai  (actually got a speeding ticket- 135 km/h!!!)
4.  '01 Subaru Outback

You got a sami up to 135 km/hr? Seriously?

Thats the last year with teh solid front axel right? All the offroaders that modify samis go for that year.. or is it 87? Drat, I cant remember. Im a toyota guy.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
You got a sami up to 135 km/hr? Seriously? Thats the last year with teh solid front axel right? All the offroaders that modify samis go for that year.. or is it 87? Drat, I cant remember. Im a toyota guy.
 --
 Um.  I never looked underneath, so ???
 I got the ticket heading downhill into a coulee oustide Red Deer (really strong tail wind).
 I liked that vehicle, though I drove it mostly in AB and I'm a seriously bad winter driver at the best of times.  The short wheel-base led to a lot of 180 spin-outs-- luckily I usually finished work and drove home in the middle of the night when noone else was out driving.
 I also remember that when you locked the front hubs and put in into 4x4 mode, it felt like you had power steering...