Technosexual Fragrance

Started by TehBorken, Mar 08 07 01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

A "fragrance for the technosexual generation"? I can't imagine buying a bottle (or if I did,  admitting it). I mean, "Technosexual"? Note to Marketing: Please, stop with the stupid, pseudo-hip buzzwords. *yawn*
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Next month, Calvin Klein Inc. and Coty, its fragrance licensee, will introduce a sequel to CK One for a new generation, the so-called millennials, and in doing so, they will attempt to capture lightning in a bottle for a second time. Calvin Klein, now without its namesake designer, hopes to rejuvenate a fragrance embodying the essence of hip 20-somethings — even at the risk that such a notion is as outdated as a Prince song about partying like it's 1999.
. . . .
"We have envisioned this as the first fragrance for the technosexual generation," said Mr. Murry, using a term the company made up to describe its intended audience of thumb-texting young people whose romantic lives are defined in part by the casual hookup.[/p] Last year, the company went so far as to trademark "technosexual," anticipating it could become a buzzword for marketing to millennials, the roughly 80 million Americans born from 1982 to 1995. A typical line from the press materials for CK in2u goes like this: "She likes how he blogs, her texts turn him on. It's intense. For right now."[/p][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Could it get any STUPIDER??  [a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);" href="http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/08/fashion/08CALVIN.html?ei=5090&en=949c6648e45e850e&ex=1331010000&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print"]Full Story (if you can stand it)[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

LOL. If you want to kill off your product, use employees who are not in touch with the real world.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TheAngel

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(139, 139, 139);"]what does technology smell like? lol...[/span]