6th graders caught having sex in shop class

Started by kingy, Mar 08 07 10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

kingy

[A href="http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6194374"]http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6194374[/A]

why doesnt this surprise me.

pitbullca.bc

that is disgusting!!!!  My daughter is in grade six..but they don't have shop class till they are in highschool here.

Sportsdude

A couple girls in my class got pregnant in 6th grade.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

blech...I am working on keeping my kids as kids for a while longer....stupid school gave my daughter a puberty pamphlet...pretty graphic.....told her it was fine if she knew what was going on in her body...but not what was happening to her brothers...blech

Sportsdude

My sex education classes were hysterical.  In 4th grade we all had the 'talk'.  All the guys in my grade got into one school room and watched a video, first it was the boys video and then the next day the girls.  The video was made in the 80s and it was a bunch of drawings. lol.  Then afterward we ended up talking about baseball.

Then in middle school we watched old Degrassi episodes where the girl gets pregnant, and then we watched a birthing video from the 80's. (mind you this was 1999) lol.  Watching stuff that was made before you were born was strange.

Lil Me

Wow.  I'm impressed that they showed Degrassi in the U.S.  Cool.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Actually, I'm not surprised. I taught highschool (for a brief time) and saw two 7th Year (or 7th Grade as you have here) rolling on the lawn like there was no tomorrow. Kids today was taught (even encouraged) to go beyond their sexual limit. It's terrible.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Im not surprised either anymore.

Its sad really :(

I missed this.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I'm almost afraid of asking, miss what.... Russ?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Uh.. goats.

How you doing miss Lise? Its wet and rainy here.. and I just found out my brother took off to point roberts to pick something up.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

curious

pitbullca.bc wrote:
blech...I am working on keeping my kids as kids for a while longer....stupid school gave my daughter a puberty pamphlet...pretty graphic.....told her it was fine if she knew what was going on in her body...but not what was happening to her brothers...blech

What's wrong with finding out what happens to boys when they go through puberty and vice versa?  Did the school also give the boys the puberty pamphlet or was it just the girls?

kingy

degrassi is/was huge in the states.

Sportsdude

Lise

Degrassi was (and was being the operative word here) a hit back in the 80s. I used to watch the re-runs but now I can't really stand the new one. I don't know. Something about watching Spike becoming a teacher and Joey without his hair and looking old(er-ish) turns me off. No new stuff there but the kid actors are terrific though.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah I've seen the new series I watch it every now and again.