Bullet-proof raincoat

Started by TehBorken, Mar 08 07 06:15

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3]Bullet-proof raincoat         [/h3] Found on [a href="http://www.spycatcheronline.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=380"]SpyCatcherOnline[/a].  The raincoat is also body-armor, bullet-proof and stab-proof. The only problem is that if you're wearing this you might have to contend with [em]jacket[/em] muggers who want to rip off your $2,000 coat.   The armor protects against:
[font size="1"]
9mm Full Metal Jacket Round Nose (FMJRN) projectiles, with a weight of 8gm (124gr) at 430 m/s.
Full Metal Jacket Round Nose (FMJRN) type DM11A1B2 (DN or MEN) projectiles with a weight of 8gm (124gr) at 415m/s.
44 Magnum jacketed Soft Point (JSP) type Norma 11103/61103 projectiles with a weight of 15.6gm (158gr) at 390 m/s.
44 Magnum Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP) projectiles with a weight of 15.6gm (240gr) at 430 m/s.
Eastern European Tokarev LC 7.62 x 25mm steel core projectile with a weight of 5.5gm at 455 m/s. [/font]

This jacket also protects against stabs, cuts, slashes with sharp and blunt edged weapons like hypodermic needles, ice picks, knives and broken bottles up to 25 Joules according PSDB (2003).

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

It's a great idea, except the ones that could probably afford such a jacket are people that are into some heavy duty crime.  Now they can carry on while being  invincible.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

I'd love one, but $2000 is a little too much. Still, if it saves your life it would be well worth it.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

what if the mugger steals your jacket?

Sportsdude

That's got to be super heavy.  Have you ever worn a bullet proof vest? The thing weighs like 50lbs.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

about 14 lbs is the wieght of my kevlar front and back with the armour plate in is close to 25 i think never used the plate the soft kevlars good enough.  but is bulky and cumbersome. id rather not wear it .  but that jacket do they make it in 6 xl with security patches :D i think i would love it for work in the east side. but yeah the thieves would roll u for ur coat if they know whats is worth.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Michel