'sup with the locked thread?

Started by Moolah!, Mar 07 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Spirit Guides thread be unlocked?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
Nooooooooooooo!
3 (37.5%)
Dunno. I need to consult my spirit guides on this.
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

|

Moolah!

Why can't I post in [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4202.0.html"][FONT color=#bf00bf]Spirit Guides[/FONT][/A][FONT color=#bf00bf] [SPAN class=smalltext]« [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4202.0.html"]1[/A] [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4202.15.html"]2[/A] [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4202.30.html"]3[/A] [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4202.45.html"]4[/A] [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4202.60.html"]5[/A] »[/SPAN][/FONT] ?

Who locked it and why?

Didn't think it was such a bad thread.

I was having fun there. [A onclick="addImg('icon/033.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]              
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

TheAngel

An Error Has Occurred!                         This was locked by an administrator.  You cannot unlock it.  

Moolah!

^ Are you sure it was Lise that relocked that thread?

As far as I know there're 2 others with admin access on this board.

Moolah!

It could've been da Bork!

OMG Bork wants to assimilate the spirit guides!

Resistance is futile...

The end is near...

We're doomed.   [A onclick="addImg('icon/borgsmile.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]      

Moolah!

Pinging brings back memories...

Do you really want to get me started on that...? [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_sleepy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

Moolah!

TheAngel wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"]Ahh yes, warm memories!![/SPAN]  

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"]Good times ;)[/SPAN]

Shush!

Even the mere mention of those good times could result in increased negative karma!

P.C.

As far as I can tell, there is no indication that ANY of the admins locked the thread.  I think if you locked it, you are the only one that can unlock it.  If that isn't working, TehBorken may have a better explanation for you.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

TheAngel wrote:
 [span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 127);"]Well P.C., I am not an admin but it clearly says it was locked by an Administrator.
I'll wait to hear back from TehBork.

[/span]I had nothing to do with it and didn't know it had been locked.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Moolah!

PC, where do you see an indication of who did what? Do you have access to such logs?

On Yahoo groups for example, there's web activity section. So even if a group has 20 moderators, there's a record of who did what with any of the threads or configuration options.

I imagine SMF (the software used on this board) would have a similar feature as well, but I'm not sure if mods can access it.

P.C.

Yes Raging Poodle....that's what I'm referring to.  There is nothing there that I can see that says anything about that thread being locked by the Admin.

I'm not making an attempt to explain how Lise posted in it after it was locked.  I have no idea.

TheAngel

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]You'd think if there is a 'Lock Topic' and an 'Unlock Topic' feature.. That the Unlock Topic feature would work just as well as the Lock Topic would![/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]I think we shall have to hear Lise's explanation before we start to get an understanding on this situation..[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]Considering - she is the last person who posted in that thread and it now says it was 'Locked by an Administrator'.[/span]

Moolah!

TehBorken wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]I had nothing to do with it and didn't know it had been locked. [/SPAN]

[FONT color=#00007f]If there're 3 admins, and 2 of them are denying having done anything about it then it's immediately clear who did it.  [/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f][/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f]Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise ya li'l rascal! [/FONT][A onclick="addImg('icon/1441.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][FONT color=#00007f][/FONT][/A]

P.C.

If I run my cursor over the lock.....it says that it is not locked.  ?

Have you tried to unlock it yourself?  

TheAngel

P.C. wrote:
If I run my cursor over the lock.....it says that it is not locked.  ?

Have you tried to unlock it yourself?

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 127);"]Every time I try to unlock it, I get the same error message![/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 127);"][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 127);"]Why do you think I am posting in this thread ! ... LOL[/span]

TehBorken

It's possible someone locked it with a stray click and didn't realize it. I've done something similar before once or twice. In any case I've unlocked it and if you want to relock it, feel free.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

|