'sup with the locked thread?

Started by Moolah!, Mar 07 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Spirit Guides thread be unlocked?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
Nooooooooooooo!
3 (37.5%)
Dunno. I need to consult my spirit guides on this.
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

|

tenkani

[SPAN lang=EN-CA]So if people believe there are posts and threads on DV signalling them out in negative and hurtful ways, you're saying the moderators and the web-site admins should do nothing even if the posts and threads have the potential of being criminally defamatory or the people being "brutally flamed" request the posts and threads be deleted?[/SPAN]   Pretty much. Life is rough. Wear a f*cking helmet.

People who get flamed and then demand that the flames are deleted make me sick. I think there is room for argument when the flame turns into ongoing harassment that last for weeks (i.e. SG's behavior), posting personal info etc. but otherwise, seriously, get a spine.

And I couldn't give two shits on a stick about whether a judge agrees with me. The Internet isn't made of nerf, nor should it be.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:
 Quoted for truth. After Academe left things did change. [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dfffbf" color=#000000]And then, for reasons I can't fully explain, months later it was like she was back in spirit.[/FONT]

I chuckled and nodded at that comment.

True. Unfortunately true.

I don't know if macademe was responsible for creating that atmosphere or she was just a scapegoat, but currently on DV we're back to an environment of powertripping, headgames, all sorts of nastiness, unfair deletions... you name it.

I don't know what gets to people's heads.

I don't know how having access to a simple delete function affects one's psychology and self perception.

And I don't know how people you've known almost as "friends" can change so drastically as to become unrecognizable.  :(

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

bad kitty

"Where do you see me ALWAYS "protecting and rescuing".......

I think they were referring to a mod friend, not you Raging Poodle!  :)

tenkani

I don't know if macademe was responsible for creating that atmosphere...

I don't think so. I don't know of any current mods who stuck up for her behavior at the time. I think some of them would be shocked to think that they are straying into Academe's realm. They don't see it. I saw a noticeable change in mod behavior after Steve (admin Steve) began taking a more active role in the modding world.

He began to personally delete threads and posts that under his own earlier edicts would have been safegaurded. Deleting posts because someone just rubs you the wrong way is always a bad sign. So much for his "if it doesn't fall into X category, LEAVE IT UP!" rule. Instructing mods not to explain any of our actions to users and to essentially ignore all complaints about our judgement also set the tone for the current mod squad. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but a complete lack of accountability naturally leads to abuse.

Steve's biggest blunder was to provide mods with an excuse to give in to that tugging temptation to allow ego, rather than policy to drive decision-making. When you see a manager (and that is in effect what Steve is) brazenly violating policy and promoting the idea that users just aren't worth talking to, shit happens.

I don't know how having access to a simple delete function affects one's psychology and self perception.

And I don't know how people you've known almost as "friends" can change so drastically as to become unrecognizable.  :(

They are still the same people, except when they're modding.

And some of the mods have actually done a pretty good job. Despite what Orik said, I think X is an outstanding mod. If he had Steve's job I sort of doubt we would be having this conversation.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Moolah!

bad kitty wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]"Where do you see me ALWAYS "protecting and rescuing"[/SPAN].......

I think they were referring to a mod friend, not you Raging Poodle!  :)

[FONT color=#40007f]Thanks for pointing it out.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Carefully going over what he wrote and how he wrote it, I think you're right. The reference in that sentence appears to be to the "mod friend". (I don't know who that mod friend might be, but that's irrelevant.)[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]I must've been influenced by his earlier retarded allegations to be confused in the second half of his message:[/FONT]

WoeIsYou wrote:
That thread "Raging Poodle is a baby" had major hatred inside from the FallenBeotch (aka raor, lepititis, HailyBaily, HtotheB, Theangel and all the other handlejacked names of every regular that she could get her hands on).    

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #bfffff"]The hate was towards PC once again, such spite coming from Raging Poodle! and raor, so willing to go back and forth on that issue! [/FONT]Methinks, it shouldn't have been deleted, would have been a good idea to keep that one on hand so people could recognize the angel from hell! [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #bfffff"]Go ahead Raging Poodle! and guests, everyone saw it, let's see all the denial now!    [/FONT]

Maybe raor's mod friend deleted the thread because it implicated her "major hatred" toward PC?  I don't remember Raging Poodle! saying such things about PC, but if he did, bad ferret!

Fair is Fair, his act of always protecting and rescuing the fallen one could be misconstrued at times, one could surmise him to be an accomplice and not a perpetrator.

[FONT color=#40007f]It was a late night thread and I was LONG asleep when it was deleted. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]I witnessed only the beginning of it and in the morning it was gone.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]So whomever said [/FONT]

I don't remember Raging Poodle! saying such things about PC, but if he did, bad ferret!

[FONT color=#40007f]is correct. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Why should I talk about someone, esp. in a hateful way, when the person may or may not be reading DV? [/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]If I have anything to say to PC, I can say it to her face. I don't need to talk behind anyone's back. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Funny thing is, I don't even have anything bad to say about her. So that makes those claims doubly ridiculous.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Shitterbug had created that thread to annoy me, but I was more amused than annoyed. There wasn't any Raging Poodle! flaming going on in that thread  and I was sleepy enough. So I thought, whatever happens I can see it tomorrow.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]The next day, it was gone. Ok no big deal. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Next time you see a juicy thread, and if you're going to make claims about it later, you should save it like I do so you can resurrect it later if need be. [img onclick=smile(this.src) src="http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cool0037.gif"][/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f][/FONT]

way cool

i thought it was my thread hello mods.... that caused all this debate... when i went to review it it was gone and things had just started to get interesting...

Moolah!

way cool wrote:
i thought it was my thread hello mods.... that caused all this debate... when i went to review it it was gone and things had just started to get interesting...

You realize it's been resurrected: [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4486.0.html"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4486.0.html[/A]

Why aren't you posting as Orik BTW?  

way cool

Raging Poodle! wrote:
way cool wrote:

You realize it's been resurrected: [a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4486.0.html"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4486.0.html[/a] [/p] Why aren't you posting as Orik BTW?
[/p]
[/p]for me to post as Orik   i would first have to be him and seeing that i am not orik    i will not post as him

[/p] [/p]  [/p]

Moolah!

way cool wrote:

for me to post as Orik   i would first have to be him and seeing that i am not orik    i will not post as him

Ha ha. So why were you trying to get one of the threads slandering him removed then?

bad kitty

way cool

someone has to come to oriks defense from time to time  

ForShure

way cool wrote:
someone has to come to oriks defense from time to time  

|