'sup with the locked thread?

Started by Moolah!, Mar 07 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Spirit Guides thread be unlocked?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
Nooooooooooooo!
3 (37.5%)
Dunno. I need to consult my spirit guides on this.
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

|

P.C.

Angel.....why don't you just wait for an explanation before you start pointing fingers.  There is even the possibility it was locked by accident.  (I did it myself once a long while ago before I was an admin....I didn't even know I had done it until someone pointed it out in another thread)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TheAngel

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 127, 64);"]So TB,[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 127, 64);"][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 127, 64);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 127, 64);"]What happens if I wanted to temporarily lock a topic in the future, will I run into the same problem in the future? [/span]

P.C.

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(255,0,127)"]Every time I try to unlock it, I get the same error message![/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(255,0,127)"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(255,0,127)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(255,0,127)"]Why do you think I am posting in this thread ! ... LOL[/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(255,0,127)"][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(255,0,127)"][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(255,0,127)"][FONT color=#000000]Just tossing out some suggestions.  [/FONT][/SPAN]  

P.C.

Nice attitude.

You're Welcome.

Moolah!

TheAngel wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,191)"]I think we shall have to hear Lise's explanation before we start to get an understanding on this situation..[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,191)"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,191)"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: rgb(0,0,191)"]Considering - she is the last person who posted in that thread and it now says it was 'Locked by an Administrator'.[/SPAN]

What bothers me is that hers was a disparaging remark.

I'm [FONT color=#ff0000]NOT[/FONT] saying this is the case, but [FONT color=#ff0000]IF[/FONT] it's proven that she used her admin status to unlock a thread just so she could sneak in a disparaging comment and then lock it as if nothing happened, then that would make one think if  such a person could be trusted with admin access privileges.

Just thinking out loud here. [FONT color=#ff0000]NOT[/FONT] accusing anyone of having done anything inappropriate...

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

TheAngel

Personally Raging Poodle!, I'd like to err on the side of thinking that one wouldn't do a despicable thing like that..

[span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]>:(

[/span]

Moolah!

[FONT color=#bf00bf]Two tops in a row! Must be my lucky day. And it's too late to buy lotto tickets for tonight's draw... darn. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#bf00bf][/FONT]

[FONT color=#bf00bf]I should get to work pronto and contact those lottery guides... [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_cool.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A][/FONT]

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

TheAngel

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 64, 159);"]Bye Raging Poodle!:)[/span]

Lise

Are you fracken kidding me?????

WHY WOULD I DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? I have never locked your spirit guide thread nor would I stoop so low as to lock it. That you would accuse me of doing something like that just pisses me off. You think I would abuse my administrator status just for kicks?

I've got nothing to say to you, Angel except maybe you should bloody well check with me first before you accuse me of something like this. [/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Thanks, Lil Me. (hugz back)

I cannot believe some people would accuse me of this. Real class act.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TheAngel

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]As I said Lise, I'd like to err on the side of thinking that one wouldn't do a despicable thing as that.[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]Would you care to explain just how you were able to post in the Spirit Guide thread after it had been locked?[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][/span]

Lise

No.

I had not realized it was locked in the first place.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

TheAngel wrote:
 [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: italic;"][/span][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Are you telling me that Admins are able to post in threads that have been locked?  
[/span][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]
[/span][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Admins can do anything. Admins are like gods, only with better hair,
[/span][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]

Is there not a feature that would notify the Admin whether a topic is locked or not?[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-style: italic;"]
Yes, but this is getting a bit tedious. How about we just put this whole thread to bed.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

I'm going to end this once and for all.

[FONT size=6]I DID NOT SEE YOUR FRACKEN THREAD LOCKED.[/FONT] Perhaps next time you can highlight it and write "DO NOT COMMENT FURTHER IN MY THREAD BECAUSE I HAVE NO LIFE."

Good night to you, Angel. As far as I'm concern, this issue is dead.[/DIV]
Bill Cosby.

|