"The Birds" directed by Alfred Hitchcock

Started by Adam_Fulford, Mar 04 07 04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_Fulford

This is one truly astonishing film.  When I think of projects I've been involved in and the cheap and cowardly ways they cut corners to avoid filming challenging scenes, my respect Alfred Hitchcock's creative courage and technical brilliance grows by leaps and bounds.  One time, they got their knickers in a twist over a scene with a chipmunk in it ("Where the hell are we going to find a chipmunk wrangler!")

Most people I know are "gunslingers" who, with nary a moment's reflection, shoot down creative ideas.  That is because most people are intellectually cowardly.  Not Alfred Hitchcock, who had rare intellectual and creative fortitude.  Just watch "The Birds" and you'll see what I mean.  

Lise

Agree with you, Adam. I've gained a deep appreciation of Mr. Hitchcock's films. He's truly a master of suspense. Just finished watching "Suspicion" with Cary Grant and Joan Foantaine (sp?) and will be watching Frenzy soon.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Why does this ring a bell.. I swear we talked about this movie a few weeks ago.

I liked the movie.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

North by Northwest... just love it ! The music, the story, the photography, just amazing.

Gopher

So did I, I think it's  my favourite Hitchcock film.
A fool's paradise is better than none.