Reminder: Daylight Savings Time - on March 11

Started by purelife, Mar 02 07 02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

I received this email from my Company reminding us of the change of DST time.  I totally forgot about this change for this year.  I didn't know that it actually fell through.   So, "spring" forward, one hour. :)

[FONT color=#00007f]Beginning in 2007, daylight saving time (DST) will be extended four weeks longer than in previous years.  DST will start three weeks earlier than usual on March 11, 2007, and end one week later than usual on November 4, 2007.[/FONT]

Sportsdude

ugh, I forgot about, but wait. I don't think you have to worry because this is a U.S. only thing for some reason.  Canada isn't doing this I think.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Yes, this applies to Canada.  

ADD:  Uhm, my company wouldn't send out this email to us if it weren't true.  That would be pretty embarrassing. ;)  

Sportsdude

ah my bad parliament passed a law a couple months ago I remember now so they weren't behind the americans.  

Russ

You have a parliament in the US, SD?

Why the change in daylight savings time? I dont remember agreeing to this.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

lol sorry I had my canadian hat on there made reference to the bill passed in Ottawa that kept the country at pace with the americans.

Need somebody to blame, blame Bush it was his idea to extend it.
And if you want to blame Daylight savings time blame Chris Martin of Coldplay.  lol
His great great grandpa officially came up with the idea.

purelife

I like it earlier, actually.  More light during the day. :)

49er

purelife wrote:
I like it earlier, actually.  More light during the day. :)[/DIV]
 huh?

purelife

DST used to be on the first Sunday of April.  Now that we have it in March, 6:00 is going to be 7:00.  At this time (6pm) it's still light outside.  I like it light outside, the longer the better.  So, at 7pm, it's going to be like 6pm, light. :)    

Lise

Woot! I can't wait!! Sun light till 9pm. Yayy!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

it would of been pretty confusing if canada didnt follow the lead and stayed with the old DST. everything would been out of wack.

Gopher

Can't come quick enough, I wish we had it all through the year.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

A mini Y2K on the way? Something to consider as we set our clock one hour ahead.

[FONT size=6]The New Daylight Saving Time: A Mini Y2K?[/FONT]

The DST change will be here soon -- clocks will "spring forward" an hour on March 11 and not "fall behind" an hour until Nov. 4 -- but the change wasn't sprung on the world suddenly. It was authorized in a new Energy Policy Act signed into law by President Bush on Aug. 8, 2005. Nevertheless, many people forgot about it.

Daylight Saving Time (DST) starts three weeks earlier this year in most parts of the United States and there are fears that the change will cause problems for unprepared computer systems and digital devices.

[P nd="24"]If you think the scenario sounds familiar to the so-called Y2K problem that gripped the world in the days leading up to Jan. 1, 2000, you're not alone.

[SPAN id=intelliTxt] [P nd="1"]One of the first to sound the alarm about the potential for IT calamity posed by the Y2K situation was Canadian speaker, writer and consultant Peter de Jager. He warned that systems doing date-related processing might be stymied when the calendar suddenly ran out of dates beginning with "19" as 1999 ended.

[P nd="1"][A href="http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55943.html"][FONT size=1]http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55943.html[/FONT][/A]

[P nd="1"]

[/SPAN][/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.