taxes

Started by Aboozer, Mar 01 07 10:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Aboozer

Ok I'm pretty slow when it comes to taxes. I was wondering, is it better to file together with your spouse or is it better to file seperately?
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Lil Me

Easier to do them at the same time.  I've been using Quicktax online- you can trade receipts back and forth between the spouses and play with the numbers to see who saves the most $$.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Same time. That way you get your stuff done all at once.

Just be careful not to mix your spouse's stuff with yours. Hehe. I learnt that from past mistakes.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

CCRA is very forgiving.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Aboozer

ok with all that being said. I was looking into quicktax and it says you can file 1 for 19.99 (online version)..

so if I do our taxes together can I do it for that price, or am I going to have to pay the 40 bucks still?

sorry I'm really friggin ignorant when it comes to taxes...

loans, mortgages, and credit I'm knowledgable, but taxes I'm brain dead.
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Lise

I think that's for only ONE tax return, does not include others so you will have to pay extra. I would consider buying the software instead of doing it online, Boozer. It.... I don't know.... well it comes to taxes and money, I don't feel safe doing it online. Just me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

buy the software, do all your friends taxes as well and you will recoup your money back.

purelife

I have a quick question if anybody knows.

How long does it take to get your refund back if you chose the NetFile option from your personal experience?  

Lil Me

couple weeks, if you filed before April 30 and it's a direct deposit.  

purelife

Electronically is a couple of weeks?  I've heard 8 days, but I guess they were wrong.  Forgot where I heard it from.

kingy

from the website...

NETFILE processing is fast and convenient. In most cases, with [A href="http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/individuals/topics/direct_deposit-e.html"]direct deposit[/A], you could

receive your refund in as little as eight business days from the day you sent your tax return through the Internet