Dread the arrival of an invitation
1 (14.3%)
Will go if I can't get out of it
3 (42.9%)
Won't go under any circumstance
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Gopher

I've noticed that people who give parties like going to them, on the other hand....
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Morning gopher.

Snowed a bit here, how is it out where you are?

I only used two of my three votes.. and I voted for both yes's
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Nah, parties aren't for me.  I'm not a party-goer and the other reason is that I rarely get invited to parties because I have a tiny circle of friends and almost all of them don't party.  

The only thing that I like is having lots of friends for dinner/lunch or going to someone's place to hangout and such.  Rarely does it involve alcohol.  

I'd rather stay at home, lay in bed while surfing the tv instead or read a book.  

pitbullca.bc

I like being social...unfortunately...I don't have a lot of patience.  That then creates an issue when planning for a sitter...finding clothes to wear...sometimes doesn't seem worth the effort.

Can anyone explain to me the karma thing that is under my name?  + and - and why?  How do you get + and -?

purelife

Hey Pitbul.

You can bless or smite anyone here.  I have just blessed you.  You can't bless yourself or smite.  :)  

purelife

If I was comfortable around the people I'm with at a party, I'm verrrry socialble and likeable.  If I'm not comfortable, I'm dead quiet.  Are you the same too, pitbul?

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
If I was comfortable around the people I'm with at a party, I'm verrrry socialble and likeable.  If I'm not comfortable, I'm dead quiet.  Are you the same too, pitbul?

That's me in a nutshell.

When I am super comfortable around a group of 4 or 5 then I'm very social.
When I go to a party that has more then that I'm a 'wall flower' which means I stay in the back near the walls and tend to only talk to other 'wall flowers'.  
If I go to a party where I do not know anyone I'm dead quiet and shy until maybe the end of the party when I start to get a little comfortable.

I sorta need to go to parties because I gather if people beg me to go, then there are other people doing the same for other people at the party.  I'm not really out going when it comes to meeting people.  I tend to 'run' into them.  Surprisingly my dating life is the same way.  Girls tend to just run into me, I don't rarely go after them.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

yes...if not comfortable...probably don't have anything nice to say.  So of course..if you have nothing nice to say...don't say anything at all.  LOL...hate doing any party by myself though.    

Russ

i have bbq's and parties at my house.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

pitbullca.bc

I don't call them parties so much where I am from...they are more like get togethers.  If they are labeled as parties...there are pre conceived assumptions.  I like the whole...beer...coolers...bbq thing.  We are also child friendly with a trampoline outside and a movie room inside as well as tons of toys to play with. In my city...friends usually find the same issues....finding and paying a babysitter....so if you can take your child or children with you...then it is easier.  Relaxing because you aren't worried about all the other stuff.  

purelife

Yahoo!  Party at Russ's!  BYOB! ;)

ADD:  FYI - BYOB means Bring Your Own Bed.  If ya know what I mean. ;)  hee hee...

pitbullca.bc

yaaaay!  what should we bring?

Lise

I like to host parties. I dunno. Even though I keep complaining to no end, I love hosting parties because it's a chance to get together with friends and touch base. Plus it also gives me a chance to test my dishes on my friends. They've been my guinea pigs over the years.

I do like to go to people's parties for the same reason, minus the clean-up on my part. Plus the kids love to meet other kids so it's a chance for them to start socializing.      
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah Lise my parents only started hanging out with other people there age with kids me and my sister's age growing up.  Every couple of months or so the 5 families would get together at someone's house and we the kids would play downstairs while the parents had a quiet party upstairs.  Good times.  Too bad everyone started moving away.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I'll bring handcuffs.  Do you have that pole, pitbul?  You know, for some pole dancing?  ;)