Bound to get you in trouble

Started by TehBorken, Mar 07 06 02:38

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Don't try this at home kids. (Do it at the neighbor's place.)

[h3]         1949 [em]Modern Mechanix[/em] instructions to make laughing gas[img]http://www.boingboing.net/nitrousoxide.jpg" alt="Picture 2-3" align="left" border="0" height="169" hspace="4" vspace="4" width="169"]
[/h3]
Article from the good old days on how to make the delightful recreational drug, nitrous oxide. [a href="http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006/03/07/the-gas-that-makes-you-laugh/"]Link to Modern Mechanix.com[/a][br clear="all"] [em][/em]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

*inhaling from balloon*

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Ah, that brings back memories...[/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV]
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

TehBorken

tenkani wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"][div][div]*inhaling from balloon*[/div][div] [/div][div][div]ROFLROFLROFLROFL[div]ROFLROFLROFLROFL[div]ROFLROFLROFLROFL[div]ROFLROFLROFLROFL[/div][div] [/div][div]Ah, that brings back memories...[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div]
Heh heh heh, yeah, I attended a few Nitrous Parties way back when. It's a good thing that shit isn't explosive or we'd have blown a crater in my neighborhood a mile across. And we'd have still been laughing as we fell back to Earth from 10,000 feet up . . .
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

Apart from the cost (and probable brain damage), it was an outstanding drug. In intense, mind numbing, orgasmic high that lasts only as long as the gas is running. Then no hangover and you're good to drive or whatever.

For my friends and I it was expensive because we bought those little finger sized cannisters in 12 packs. I think it came out to like 75 cents a hit. I'm sure it would have been more reasonable if we'd have bought a whole tank, but a kid walking into a supply store and asking for a tank of nitrous might have raised eyebrows...

kits

wouldn't huffing aerosol be cheaper?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

tenkani

Probably, but I think nitrous is likely not as devastating for your noggin in the long term.

weird al

Nitrous oxide is harmless and non-irritating to  
                     the respiratory tract, but concentrations over

50 ppm  reduce dexterity, cognition and motor
                     and audiovisual  skills (Adriani, 1983;[NL]
                     Ellenhorn and Barceloux, 1988).

[NL]
Because of the high concentration of nitrous oxide required to
       produce and maintain anaesthesia, hypoxia is an unavoidable
       accompaniment to its use.  During induction with high
       concentrations of  nitrous oxide, the oxygen in the lungs is
       rapidly used up and the anoxia  with increased respiratory
       effort causes rapid depletion of carbon dioxide  in the
       tissues.  [NL]
       [NL]
       Absence of carbon dioxide and depression of the medullary
       centres by the anaesthetic quickly lead to respiratory failure,
        and rarely, the patient's  cerebral function fails to recover
       from cerebral damage caused by the  prolonged anoxia.  The
       brain suffers anoxia from the very beginning of the  
       administration of the gas, and not from just the moment of
       cessation of  respiratory movements.  Thus, the period of
       anoxia may be five minutes or more, sufficient to cause
       permanent brain  damage in the susceptible individual.  The
       arbitrary "safe period" of eight  minutes may be too long for
       some patients (Thienes and Haley, 1972).

....that said, it's a great little kick, innit? Did it at work a few times, and it was like, "where am I?.... where (and what) is everything??" Freaky and fun[NL]

tenkani

Great info!! Something to keep in mind!

Although when you're sucking it out of a balloon you basically inhale, hold for maybe ten second until you start to lose bodily control and then collapse into bliss. In other words, there's a huge difference between taking single hits recreationally and actually being attached to a mask for a prolonged period.

Oh, for anyone who's never tried it and is considering it (not that I'm encouraging you), make sure that you are reclining comfortably and safely when you do nitrous. If you're standing, chances are you will collapse like a rag doll when it hits.

Sleepy

It has been sooo long since i did nitrous, not gonna rush out to get some tonight though. I remember doing nitrous at a rave out of the hugh balloons what a trip.

I miss my early 20's
I love to live, i live to love.

primefactor

The one time I had nitrous it was sort of nightmarish. (And not just because they were scraping my wisdom teeth out!) I had a lot of auditory and tactile hallucinations and felt panicky, worried that the feeling would never go away. Yipes! Maybe my dentist gave me too much.

But I have to confess... I loves me dem prescription opiates. It's a very good thing they don't sell Percodan at the Piggly Wiggly, or I'd be a mess.

They make me feel so loving. One time I ended up at the grocey store on Darvon, staring at the breakfast cereals, going, "They're so... beautiful! Look at them!"

Thank God I have to be injured to get them. Keeps me in line!

P.C.

"They make me feel so loving. One time I ended up at the grocey store on Darvon, staring at the breakfast cereals, going, "They're so... beautiful! Look at them!"

ROFL, primefactor.

I had that panicky experience too, pf.  I've never had a panic attack, but it was the closest thing I [/DIV] imagine it would be like.  I find I get a husky voice too.  What's with that ??? lol
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

weird al

I think the husky voice that comes with opiates is due to the deep relaxation they provide, loosening the vocal cords. Had a bunch of percocets left over that the dentist prescribed for me once - when I ran out of 'em, it was like I'd lost a friend or something. Had to put off seeing the dentist until after the expiry date.