Bobby Brown will get out of jail
0 (0%)
Britney will complete rehab
1 (16.7%)
Elvis will return
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I'm going rehab although it looks like they put her in a padded room after she was put on suicide watch for her coke problem. But she might escape or leave or something who knows.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

You didn't say Tom Cruise was going to fly off in a spaceship, Lil Me. *tsk tsk*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

That would be so awesome if that happened.  

Lil Me

My bad.  I'm CERTAIN Tom Cruise will do something weird this year.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

tenkani

Someone did a study and said that over the course of a couple days the major "news" outlets in America devoted almost 50% of their airtime to Anna Nicole.

I f*cking give up.

It's time for a global enema.

Are you listening, God?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Hm, yeah. I just don't get the fascination with her. She's more famous dead than alive. All these people suddenly springing out of nowhere in order to get their five mins of fame from her.

People are cretin. Let her body rest in peace for crying out loud.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

I was listening to a radio segment this morning about how the latest generation of Americans are the most narcissistic in our history. This is, accoding to the researcher they interviewed, demonstrated by answers to tests they've been giving for decades as well as the rise of myspace pages and the like, and I would argue also by reality TV shows that constantly portray the lives of talentless, superficial shitbreathers as something worth watching. And we sit down and inhale the aroma and clap like a bunch of trained seals.

I think shows like Anna's reinforce the idea that everyone is special; everyone is interesting and can have a TV show created where they can be a star. No. People need to be told as children that very few human beings are actually extraordinary. No, Timmy, you CAN'T do anything you set your mind to. If you work hard and cultivate a good heart, you can make you and your family comortable and spread love in a small circle, but chances are you won't change the world in a significant way and if you manage to get a TV show made where you're the star, chances are it will suck balls.

You are a unique snowflake, just like everybody else.

Sportsdude

Yeah MSNBC got really fracking weird today.  While the stock market was crashing they broke in from the constant staring at the big board at the Dow to cover a 'breaking news' story about some court procedure in the case.  They went to split screen.

And Lil Me you need to add James Brown.  Its been about a month and a half since he's died and he hasn't been buried yet. yikes. lol crazy.

P.C.

I have some of those thoughts about instant stardom myself. I think there was once more admiration for people that  made it to the pinnacle of their singing/acting carreers by working their way to the top, with successes and failures and everything in between.  People who can sing are everywhere......they're not all 'stars', because they haven't worked their dues. To be 'appointed' stardom means little to me.  I suppose that's why I don't know the name of a single singer who is spawned from American Idol (and  there should never be a winner who sings the blues)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Right! Absolutely!!

That one dude who won, erm, he had grey hair and people said he was a "low rent George Clooney", he couldn't sing worth a shit! Who came up with the idea of letting a bunch of American shitizens vote on who's the best singer??? Like we have any discernable taste?????

As you said, in the past talent meant something (not always, but more often anyway).

Now you have people like I Love New York who suddenly become stars because they are bitchy and ignorant. But the Anna Nicole debacle is MUCH worse. When her death overshadows all other news events, you have to ask yourself, isn't it about time that the slate was wiped clean?

TheAngel

Heehee. I chose 'Elvis will return'!  

Lil Me

Just can't believe the Anna Nicole Fans.  The people who *boo hoo* loved her because she was so *sniff* beautiful and followed her dreams, and wanted to badly to be Marilyn Monroe.  She was so *honk* full of love and very kind and *waaah* you people just never saw the person.

Gack.

P.C.

There's something wrong with becoming famous for being the daughter/son of someone who DID achieve their stardom through hard work.  There's something wrong with becoming famous because you go to places where 'real' famous people go.....because you are a good partier....because you wear expensive clothes.......because you have the largest breasts....because you make a spectacle of yourself or are a public nuisance.  It's all so skewed and warped.

And the largest contributer to these talentless drones becoming famous is US.  'WE' put these people up on a pedestal for some of the weirdest reasons.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c022.gif" border=0]  I don't get it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Well said, Miss P.C.

I think you DO get it.

You just don't want to believe it     :)