Vote to save net neutrality

Started by TehBorken, Feb 24 07 07:15

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[div style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(192, 0, 0);" class="heading"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]If you don't know what "net neutrality" is then you need to vote on this [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]even more[/span] than if you didn't. [/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Sign the Petition -- Don't Let Congress Ruin the Internet[/div] Right now Congress is being pushed to abandon the First Amendment of the Internet -- a principle called "network neutrality" that preserves the free and open Internet. Congress needs to hear from you today or they will hand over control of what you do online to companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast. [/p] Politicians are trading favors for campaign donations from these companies. They're being wooed by people like AT&T's CEO, who says "the Internet can't be free." Sign this petition to tell your elected representatives to protect Internet freedom now. When you fill out the information and push submit, they will automatically send it to your Members of Congress.        [/p]Please Take ONE MINUTE and vote:
[a  href="http://action.freepress.net/campaign/savethenet"]http://action.freepress.net/campaign/savethenet[/a]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Free?  Where are they getting THEIR internet for FREE?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Starfish Scientist

Arent some cities in the US getting free WiFi? I think this is what they mean. Companies like AT&T are getting less from people in those areas, who wants to pay for internet when its free?

Russ

Yaargh!!! You answered my answer! LOLOL.

I agree with this 'opinion' above me, its going through because one company is being conracted by a city for a city wide WiFi, so alot of other companies that used to make lots of money in there are being cut out.. its all about money.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims