Which appliance can you live without?

Started by Lise, Feb 22 07 01:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Which appliance can you live without..... for at least a week?

Computer
0 (0%)
Washer and Dryer
1 (20%)
Microwave
0 (0%)
Stove
0 (0%)
Television
0 (0%)
Toaster Oven
0 (0%)
Hair Dryer
1 (20%)
Dishwasher
0 (0%)
Radio
1 (20%)
Telephone
0 (0%)
VCR
1 (20%)
Game console (Xbox/PS3 etc)
1 (20%)
Vacumn Cleaner
0 (0%)
Not on the List
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
I could also do without the George Forman Grill that I've never used (Xmas present from in-laws).    
   Really? I actually use mine once a week. Ive got the big ass one though. I can cook four burgers or breasts at a time on it. Its got a bun warmer or something like that on it that Ive never used.

I love bbq'ing, but the GF actually is pretty easy when Im too lazy to want to deal with teh bbq.

I would recommend it.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I still can't believe I haven't gotten a real BBQ set.

* puts pennies in hat for purelife *
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

hee hee.... I saw one of the GF grill and thought it was too small.  My friend has one that I really like, just a bit bigger but I can't remember the brand.      

Lise

Hamilton Beach? I just saw one at Canadian Tires. I was actually thinking of getting that this weekend but not so sure. That or the GF.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hamilton Beach!  YES, that's the brand.  I knew it started with an "H."  I kept thinking "Hewlett Packard!"  LOL....   Yeah, she loves hers!

ADD:  I'd also like to buy a two-sided grill.  One is the grill and the other side is flat for your crepes and pancakes.  I have yet to find this.  

Lil Me

I can't be bothered to use small appliances: grills, waffle irons, blenders, etc.  Too much cleaning required!  I use the rice cooker, but that's easy to clean.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Ahahaha. LOL. HPacker. I know what you mean about the flat side for pancakes, purelife. That's one option that I'm also keeping an eye for although I much prefer having grill marks on my meat.

Er...... how do you grill stuff in your rice cooker, Lil Me?
Bill Cosby.

purelife

My friend has one where it's dual sided.  One for grilling and one that is flat, Lise.  Have you ever seen this in stores?  I've been looking but can't find one.  I'd love to make chinese crepes, crepes, pancakes, etc...and use the grill too.  :)

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
Er...... how do you grill stuff in your rice cooker, Lil Me?
 --
 ha ha.  Guess I'm off-topic.
 I do sometimes cook Chinese sausages on top of the rice!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Hmm. No, I haven't seen one of these before but I've heard about it. I'll look around. If I see one, I'll let you know, purelife.  
Bill Cosby.

Devil

I would probably snap if I never had my stereo for more than one day!