Worst McDonald Employee

Started by Lise, Feb 18 07 09:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I've had my share of worst McDonald service but this one takes the cake. We went to the McDonalds on Boundary around 9.30pm the other night with my in-laws and kids, just to get a little after-snack. Here's what translate between the employee (we'll call him Shaun) and my husband:

Shaun: Evening sir, can I take your order?

Hubby: Yes, I would like one McGrill, one small hamburger, one small diet Coke... no ice please, 4 piece chicken McNuggets and.... hm, I think that's it.

Lise: Don't forget the muffin and two teas for your parents.

H: Oh yes, blueberry muffin and two small teas, please.

S: Er....let's see, one McGrill..... can you repeat that again?

At this point, we're looking at each other thinking this guy's an idiot. Is he new? Do McD train their employees before unleashing them to the general public. My husband repeats but this time, it's much, much slower.

S: (punches in order) Uhm.... do you want ice tea with your drink?

H: I asked for a small diet coke and two hot tea.

S: (apparently doesn't see hot tea on his machine and proceeds to punch in Iced Tea then realizes his mistake) Hang on a second. (finds the cashier next to him and ask for help) OK. I think we're on track here.

S: Now, that's one chicken McGrill, one small diet coke, no ice, two small teas, one muffin and one chicken burger.

H: No, no chicken burger except for the McGrill. I ask for 4 chicken McNuggets.

S: Oh. (finds the girl next to him busy so he searches for the girl that's servicing the take-out window) Can you help me with this customer's order?

At this point, we both rolled our eyes. He FINALLY gets our order right.

S: That will be $$$.

We exchanged funds.

Then Shaun looks at us.

We look at Shaun.

He stares back at us.

We continue to look at Shaun.

This goes for one minute. I was on the verge of saying (rather sarcastically at this point) if he wanted us to go get our order or should we wait here some more to continue our staring game when the manager walks in and tells Shaun to get our order.

Shaun goes back and proceeds to get our order. He reaches in with this BARE HANDS to get our muffin. I was about to scream bloody murder when the manager stops him and hands him a wax paper, "No, don't do that. Use this instead".

The manager leaves and Shaun gets the rest of our order. He didn't even know where the cups were for the coke (LIKE BEHIND YOU?!?!?!?) and proceeds to get this order by asking the girl by the fries to help him.

In total, Shaun took 15 minutes and four people to get our order done.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

LMAO>>>

Either the kid is totall Newbie or he is a simpleton (that word is a little kinder than the one i should use)

sighs, what are we to do these days .. lol

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

ripper

That kid is a little slow but rather harmless. The all time worst McDonalds employee i have ever had the misfortune of encountering was a fellow crew member. I was working the closing shift with said crew member when a elderly gentleman entered and ordered a Quarter Pounder with no onions. Basically he wanted one that was freshly made. This cretin slapped the patty on the grill and waited until the top side was warm and soft. He then proceeded with his hands to spread the patty and then to my horror and disgust, horked a green gobby into the patty and flipped it over. After it was fully cooked he served it.  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

ripper

I assume that it was. It was handed to the cashier who in turn handed it to the old man.

TehBorken

I think this proves that McDonalds is indeed "Hiring The Handicapped".  Yay.

If Shaun is too dumb to manage a career at McDonalds, the only thing left for him is a seat in the House Of Representatives. Or the Presidency.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

ripper

Anybody who reads this must assume that i'm a sick ahole for not stopping it. Please let me clarify. When this incident happened, i was 17 years old. I didn't want to be called a "rat". I.m now 46 years old and this incident still bothers me to this date.

P.C.

I bet you've never eaten at a McDonalds since you were 17.  *shudders
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

ripper

Never. It still creeps me out. Blahhhh.  

Lise

ripper wrote:
That kid is a little slow but rather harmless. The all time worst McDonalds employee i have ever had the misfortune of encountering was a fellow crew member. I was working the closing shift with said crew member when a elderly gentleman entered and ordered a Quarter Pounder with no onions. Basically he wanted one that was freshly made. This cretin slapped the patty on the grill and waited until the top side was warm and soft. He then proceeded with his hands to spread the patty and then to my horror and disgust, horked a green gobby into the patty and flipped it over. After it was fully cooked he served it.    

THAT is disgusting!!!!! Eeeow. I guess in the food industry, you never know what you're getting because you don't know what goes on behind the kitchen. I'm always hesistant about sending food back to the kitchen because you never know what you're getting.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

ripper

I have never sent food back. Too scary. Also i try to tip 15% or more regardless of the service unless i plan on not going back. People can be so vindictive at times.

P.C.

Yup.....gone are the days when tipping was done AFTER one received great service.  Now it's insurance against unknown surprizes in your food or being treated like a leper. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Hmm... y'know, that sounds like a good topic that's open to discussion!
Bill Cosby.

Orca

I met few that try to refuse me giving extra 3 cents along with my big dollar bill ($10 or $20) for meal that cost (example: $9.53 or worse $9.03)...

When that's the case, if I felt patience and polite that day, I will tell them that I need quarters or loonie, when I am not in the mood to teach them, I told them to just punch the whole amount in, and let the cash register tell them the change.

I took that moment to teach my kid about math (after the fact, not in front of the server).

-------

Here's more

Some people give me 4 dimes instead of (a quarter, a nickle and a dime) for 40 cents change, and you know that they are not short of quarter (and nickle).

Sigh....          

Orca

[FONT face=Verdana color=#3366cc]I hope that kid will eventually meet a room service person like the one below...[/FONT]

[FONT face=Verdana color=#3366cc][/FONT]

[FONT face=Verdana color=#3366cc]------------[/FONT]

[FONT face=Verdana color=#3366cc][/FONT]

[FONT face=Verdana color=#3366cc]It was nominated "best email of 1997".[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN]A telephonic exchange between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in Asia, which was recorded and published in the Far East Economic Review.[/FONT]

[TABLE height=152 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: double; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]Room Service:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-TOP-STYLE: double; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Morny. Ruin sorbees"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=19] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]Guest:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=19] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]Room Service:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Rye..Ruin sorbees..morny!  Djewish to odor sunteen??"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=19] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]Guest:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]Room Service:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Ow July den?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"What??"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Ow July den?...pry,boy, pooch?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please."[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Ow July dee bayhcem...crease?"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=1] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]Guest:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=1] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Crisp will be fine."[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Hokay. An San toes?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=left][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"What???"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=17] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]Room Service:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=17] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"San toes. July San toes?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Uhh... I don't think so"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"No? Judo one toes??"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" vAlign=top width="20%" height=19] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]Guest:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo one toes' means."[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Toes! toes!...why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow singlish mopping we bother?"[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" vAlign=top width="20%" height=19] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]Guest:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT color=#000080][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3]"Oh, English muffin!!  I've got it!  You were saying 'Toast.'[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN]Fine."  Yes, an English muffin will be fine."[/FONT][/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"We bother?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"No.  Just put the bother on the side."[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Wad?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"I mean butter...just put it on the side."[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=19] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]Room Service:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=19] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Copy?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Sorry???"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Copy...tea...mill?"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Yes. Coffee please, and that's all."[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double" vAlign=top width="20%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]Room Service:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"One Minnie.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN]Ass ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease baychem, tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy....rye??"[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]"Whatever you say."[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080" width="93%" height=20] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"Tendjewberrymud."[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: double; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: double" width="20%" height=17] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px" align=right][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#000080 size=3]Guest:[/FONT]

[/TD] [TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: double; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #808080; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: double" width="93%" height=18] [P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033 size=3]"You're welcome."[/FONT]

[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] It took me a while to get what "[FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#990033]Ass ruin torino fee" [/FONT] means...  

Hint: it's a room number.