I was banned from DV.

Started by Sportsdude, Feb 07 06 11:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I don't know whats going on nor really care but I can't post anymore. Oh well I'm suprised I lasted this long over there. Anyway all I wanted to do one last time was post an article on Harper should that he's the biggest crook on the planet.  But what can you do.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Third

One day I shall release the full force of my turdballs and see how long it takes them to ban me. lol. Just kidding...

Sportsdude

now I'm confused. I couldn't make a topic but I can reply??

tenkani

[FONT size=5]Pwned![/FONT][/DIV][FONT size=1](+1 post)[/FONT]
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

oh well. It seems i can post under my usual name but not the news names.

tenkani

Erm...what? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Sportsdude

Okay here's what happend.[/DIV]I usually post under a differnt name on DV when it comes to canadian politics so I don't get all the trolls coming after me [/DIV]I post under[/DIV]BREAKING NEWS[/DIV]Yahoo News [/DIV]Globe and MailCBC NewsCTV Newsetc. Tried to post an article under Yahoo News but it wouldn't let me.  Then to see if I was banned i went to my usual name and posted a comment.  So I can't post under my secondary handles anymore i guess.

tenkani

Um...unless they changed the software, they don't have the capability to restrict the use of handles. Otherwise you would never see posts from panhof, Erik etc.

That's really weird, dude.

Sportsdude

I don't know whats going on really. Can't use any other name except the normal one.

tenkani

Wow! Well maybe they changed the code! If they did, of course, we'd never know it since they don't have stickies...

It amazes me how a board with so much f*cking traffic could be so damn low-tech...          

Sportsdude

myname

i haven't been able to post there in quite a while. i went back and tried a few different names but nope, i can't post there at all, period.

so that's it, i guess i'm totally 100% done with that place.

thanks a bunch, DV!  lovely job f*cking up your user base, you ignorant clownz.

(somebody please post this over there so they know what a mess they've made of things)

tenkani

I'll post it, but I need to know what handles you go by on DV.

Third

Before anything happens, a sacrifice must be made.

Third is a turd...

Good Times

Don't fall for the "banning" trick like poor P.C. did.

There's no such thing on DV - it's a myth. Probably there's a technical problem you're overlooking on your end. Don't give those tyrant [FONT color=#bf5f00]asswipes[/FONT] more credit than they deserve.

I wrote the following as part of my response to UBF in the old forum. I'll quote the relevant part here:

-- start quote --Banning on DV is a myth. It's a lie perpetrated to keep the internet illiterate at bay from acting out irresponsibly on a relatively anonymous bulletin board.

The admins as well as mods themselves know that there isn't a damn thing they can do other than "issuing warnings" which in of themselves are just hot air.

Good luck to them trying to "ban" anyone who's on a dynamic IP.

"Oh we can ban the whole domain" is the usual self righteous response to that. Of course, to anyone who's finished grade 2,  that's also more smoke and mirrors.

Yeah, I wanna see them go ahead and ban the whole Telus domain... [img style="CURSOR: pointer" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/p035.gif[/img]

-- end quote --  So no need to glorify them, or accept any of their BS. If you can post at all, then you're not "banned".  If you're on a high bandwidth connection and you can't access the site (meaning they blocked your IP) just change your IP and post as usual.