The People Tracker

Started by Lise, Feb 16 07 01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I came across this interesting article in the Canadian Business about inserting a "small buttonless brick of electronics about the size of a mobile phone that could, for example, be concealed in a child's backpack or sewn into a coat'. This device made by AirIQ will follow, track your child's whereabouts using a global positioning system (GPS) so you will always know where your child is.

I think it's a brilliant idea. Yes, I'm aware of the issue of invasion of privacy but for my peace of mind, it's a wonderful invention.

Watch for this company. I bet it's going to make million in the near future. Service to run by June (MyIQ) "will likely be sold online and via major retailers and probably start from $10 per month."

[FONT size=1]Excerpts from Canadian Business by Andrew Wahl.[/FONT]  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I think it's brilliant too Lise.  Those that find it's a violation of their privacy need not participate.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

It will bring up interesting questions the first time a stalker estranged husband uses it to track his wife or whatnot. It has a potential for abuse that shouldn't be ignored. But I can totally see the positive aspect of the technology as well.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Agreed but I see more postitive vibes from this little device than not. If it will keep track of my kids, I'll be next in line waiting to sign up to their program.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I agree lise.. it seems like a good idea for parents.. but it also is somewhat done on cars already that record everything your child does(speed rpm where time). Theres suit in the states somewhere about that.

I still think eventually everyones going to get a chip planted in them. then they can track you everywhere.. I think this already should be done on criminals and child molesters..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

tenkani

Careful, Russ.

Don't you know implanted chips is a sign of the acopalypse??
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kingy

this sort of device already exist, and not on purpose. if anyone is familiar with that nike, ipod shoe thingy...well, someone configured it to use as a gps tracker so you can track the exact location of someone.

[A href="http://uwnews.washington.edu/ni/article.asp?articleID=28494"]http://uwnews.washington.edu/ni/article.asp?articleID=28494[/A]