Congresscritter issues anti-evolution, anti-semitic memo

Started by TehBorken, Feb 16 07 01:00

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3][font style="font-weight: normal;" size="2"]via BB[/font][/h3][h3]Anti-evolution, anti-semitic memo under congressman's name         [/h3]Apparently, a memo went out with Georgia state Rep. Ben Bridges's signature claiming that "Indisputable evidence — long hidden but now available to everyone — demonstrates conclusively that so-called 'secular evolution science' is the Big-Bang 15-billion-year alternate 'creation scenario' of the Pharisee Religion... This scenario is derived concept-for-concept from Rabbinic writings in the mystic 'holy book' Kabbala dating back at least two millennia."

The Anti-Defamation League is demanding that Bridges apologize. He says that he didn't write the memo and didn't personally issue it. Rather, it was penned by his former campaign manager's husband, Marshall Hall. From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: [blockquote]The memo calls on lawmakers to introduce legislation that would end the teaching of evolution in public schools because it is "a deception that is causing incalculable harm to every student and every truth-loving citizen."

It also directs readers to a Web site [a style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(64, 64, 255);" href="http://www.fixedearth.com/"]www.fixedearth.com[/a], which includes model legislation that calls the Kabbala "a mystic, anti-Christ 'holy book' of the Pharisee Sect of Judaism." The Web site also declares "the earth is not rotating ... nor is it going around the sun...."

Bridges acknowledged that he talked to Hall about filing legislation this year that would end the teaching of evolution in Georgia's public schools. Bridges said the views in the memo belong to Hall, though Bridges said he doesn't necessarily disagree with them.

"I agree with it more than I would the Big Bang Theory or the Darwin Theory," Bridges said. "I am convinced that rather than risk teaching a lie why teach anything?"[/blockquote]    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

The Kabala says the earth is that? Are you serious?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

"I am convinced that rather than risk teaching a lie why teach anything?"   I have to wonder whether he would also apply this standard to religion.

Since we really can't prove it for certain...

What a f*cking jackass.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

M50

TehBorken

Here's what's so damn funny about this....evolution is denounced as an ancient jewish myth... while the people who say this are in favor of the Genesis story, which is....an ancient jewish myth.

LOL.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

The Genesis story is a myth??

I thought it was an alternate scientific theory!     :O

Sportsdude

If we are to believe Genesis then we're all inbreded.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

That would explain my recurrent yeast infection     :(

Sportsdude

no wonder everyone in southern illinois looks the same.......  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

TehBorken wrote:
Here's what's so damn funny about this....evolution is denounced as an [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]ancient jewish myth[/SPAN]... while the people who say this are in favor of the Genesis story, which is....an [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]ancient jewish myth[/SPAN].

LOL.

I havent heard the first part being called an ancient jewish myth.. I thought the Genesis story was being blamed on my ancestry as one of their fabrications..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims