This is Insane

Started by P.C., Feb 16 07 08:06

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

How can this BE ???  It would have been only a misdemeanor if they had sex, but because they had consentual oral sex, he gets 10 years?????

Once, he was the homecoming king at Douglas County High. Now he's Georgia inmate No. 1187055, convicted of aggravated child molestation.

When he was a senior in high school, he received oral sex from a 10th grader. He was 17. She was 15. Everyone, including the girl and the prosecution, agreed she initiated the act. But because of an archaic Georgia law, it was a misdemeanor for teenagers less than three years apart to have sexual intercourse, but a felony for the same kids to have oral sex.

He's 20 now. Just two years into a 10-year sentence without possibility of parole, he peers through the thick glass and bars, trying to catch a glimpse of freedom. Outside, guard towers and rolls of coiled barbed wire remind him of who he is.

[A href="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson"]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson[/A]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yeah this is an old old story. Its pathetic.

For example I can't date a 17 year old because if the relationship goes bad and the parents hate me they can through me into prison.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I know it's old, but there was some kind of update on the news about it tonight and it flamed me up all over again.  This is NUTS.  

Sportsdude

Its stupid. What makes this worse is the girl was white.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I've heard about this a while ago. Apparently the boy's lawyer is trying to flame up the case again so his client gets reduce time in prison. It is a stupid law and should be changed. There are criminals out there who have done worst crimes and they don't even get a year in jail.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Sexual repression leads to lunacy like this.

People enacted such laws to protect children (in their minds).

In this case, the only people being harmed are children and it's a tragedy    :(

Did you know up until 2003 there were still anti-sodomy laws in the U.S.??

Uggggg...
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kingy

it is a stupid law and if this is the same story that was recently in the news on dateline and shows that like, this law no longer exist. i think that was the whole idea behind the story. something like 'teen goes to jail for a law that no longer exist' type of story.

P.C.

Then it's even more sickening for every day more he spends in prison. This just turns my stomach.