Condensation in Bathroom

Started by Lise, Feb 13 07 02:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Does anyone know how to stop the condensation in your bathroom? OK, I realized this must be a really stupid question but heck, I can't for the likes of me figure it out. Use the humidifier all day?? (sp)

I hate cleaning teh... icky... icky... disgusting green stuff that you find in damp places. Yep, the M-word. GROSS.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

a ceiling fan? do you have the fan option with your lights?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Nope. There's no ceiling fan in my bathroom, just a humidifier. I usually open the window every so often but I can't let it open all night long because it gets cold. I usually have this problem in winter. It's a real pain in the butt. I'm so sick of bleaching the tiles every so often.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hmmm that sucks I just flip on the fan switch.  

Lise

Leave it on all day? Gets noisy though. Ah well. Guess it can't be helped.
Bill Cosby.

49er

turn a heater on for a while

Sportsdude

I only turn on the fan when I'm using the bathroom.  

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

How long do I leave the heater? I don't want to leave it all night because it cost too much. I usually turn on the humidifier fan when I'm in the shower and leave it on for awhile till it clears.

The problem occurs early in the morning.
Bill Cosby.

49er

the purpose of turning on the heater because it warms up the bathroom and pushes the humid air out

Lise

49er wrote:
the purpose of turning on the heater because it warms up the bathroom and pushes the humid air out[/DIV]
   OIC. Thanks. I such a miser when it comes to something like that. Like refusing to turn on the heater simply because I'm taking a shower. But I'll make a point of turning it on for a bit.

Thanks all for the help.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

its not a humidifier that you should be using, it a DEhumidifier that you should be using. a humidifer is making it worse.

Easy preventive measures include shutting down humidifiers, drying clothes outdoors and venting the clothes dryer outside the house. One of the best ways to reduce moisture is to use a good quality, quiet [A class=CP___PAGEID_41905 href="http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/maho/yohoyohe/momo/momo_004.cfm"]bathroom fan[/A]. It vents moisture from showers and baths.

[A href="http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/maho/yohoyohe/momo/momo_001.cfm"]http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/maho/yohoyohe/momo/momo_001.cfm[/A]

Russ

Kingy hit the nail on the head.

You need a good fan to vent the moisture and steam in the air out otherwise it will condensate into moisture in your throne room.

Humidifier puts moisture in the air, you want this in desert or super dry climates. DEhumidifier takes it out, you want this in tropical climates.

Heat will help drive moisture out. Think of your vehicle and fogged up windows and heat from your vehicle on your window as your car warms up...
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Ah, I see. Thanks again. I do have bathroom fans.... at least they're the ones that you switch on when you take a bath, right? I guess I'll just leave them for awhile aftewards.

Thanks for the help. Will read the link later.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

you could always shower at my place if you are worried about condensation.