Zoom Zoom! The Mazda 2!

Started by Sportsdude, Feb 13 07 01:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

ZOOM ZOOM!

HIROSHIMA, Japan — Mazda said it will unveil the new Mazda 2 at the upcoming Geneva auto show. It also released a photo of the redesigned city car, which shows a substantially sleeker profile.

Mazda gave no specifics about the new Mazda 2, only noting that the vehicle "is more than just a model freshening of the current Mazda."

When the new Mazda 2 is viewed side by side with the current vehicle, however, the changes are fairly dramatic. They include headlights and taillights that wrap around the sides of the car, a narrower greenhouse and multispoke wheels that have a more custom look than those on the previous version. The new Mazda 2 also has side character lines that give the car more of an appearance of motion, even when standing still.

No word yet on powertrain upgrades or whether the Mazda 2 will hit U.S. roads. The current Mazda 2 is equipped with a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine and a five-speed gearbox and is not sold in the United States.

What this means to you: If it makes it to the States, the Mazda 2 would certainly give the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa a run for their money.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Zoooom!!!    
Yeah, I had wondered why Mazda didn't seem to have a model in the compact economy car segment!!
Yet again, as with the clean diesel cars, a lot of the best stuff is not available in the U.S.
WTF??

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Well well well, if Mazda comes up with folding to the floor seats and good gas mileage, and of course an interior I can fit in, I might just have to cancel that future order of the Honda Fit.  

Lise

I have to admit. I'm racist against this thread.  *blocking eardrums from the Z-word*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol Lise no likey the zoom zoom?  

tenkani

[font style="font-family: Arial Narrow;" size="5"]Liiiiiiiise!![/font]

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gunta

I want to see that and the Mercedes smart car collide in a game of chicken

I hate little cars. I'll pay the extra 80 bucks a month and drive something pimpin.