Guy Sweat is Babe Magnet

Started by Sportsdude, Feb 12 07 12:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

lol

[h1]GUY SWEAT IS BABE MAGNET[/h1]NY POST

February 8, 2007 -- Sweaty guys get the girls. [/p] Women who sniffed a chemical found in male sweat experienced elevated levels of an important hormone, along with higher sexual arousal, faster heart rate and other effects, researchers at the University of California at Berkeley said yesterday. [/p] They said the study, published this week in the Journal of Neuroscience, represents the first direct evidence that people secrete a scent that influences the hormones of the opposite sex. [/p] The study focused on androstadienone, considered a male chemical signal. Previous research had established that a whiff of it affected women's mood, sexual and physiological arousal and brain activation. [/p] A derivative of testosterone, it is found in male sweat as well as in saliva and semen and smells somewhat musky.
[/p]
[a href="http://www.nypost.com/seven/02082007/news/regionalnews/guy_sweat_is_babe_magnet_regionalnews_.htm"]http://www.nypost.com/seven/02082007/news/regionalnews/guy_sweat_is_babe_magnet_regionalnews_.htm[/a]
[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

NOT. I can attest that sweat on a man is definitely NOT SEXY. YUCK.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Fresh sweat is good.

Old sweat is not!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

TheAngel

Ya, & more cologne is not more better. LOL  ;)  

Raver

If this article had any basis in reality, I'd be triggering the Axe effect after every cardio session at the gym.

Article = FALSE!!!!

TheAngel

I don't think it has to do with 'sweat' per se.

I have to be attracted to his "scent".  Bottom line.  

Even if he is a handsome model and he doesn't have that certain right "je ne sais quois" scent for me, I won't bother.   Likewise, if he is an average looking guy and has that scent, I'd be all over that, lol!

I can't describe what it is, but I know if I smell it.

Actually, this is funny you've brought this up.  A while back, there was a T-shirt study in which they had about 10 male participants wear a T-shirt all day.  At the end of the day, the people performing the study collected all the T-shirts and laid them out along a table, numbered 1-10.  The 10 women participants smelled each T-shirt and picked the ones which smelled most appealing.
The interesting part is, after the woman picked a t-shirt, they were shown a photo of a guy who wore it and they were all 100% attracted to the photos of the men they'd chosen, BASED ON THEIR SCENT!

It can't be just anyone. ;)

Marik

no no no guy sweat does NOT equal babe magnet.
For example, I once broke my wrist in P.E. class.  The next class was music, and we all sat on bleachers. When I got in, I sat down on the (cramped) bleachers, the girl sitting next to me half-whispered to her friend, "ewwwww!!! he's sweating!! move over!!!!"  
See?  

Lise

Marik wrote:
no no no guy sweat does NOT equal babe magnet.
For example, I once broke my wrist in P.E. class.  The next class was music, and we all sat on bleachers. When I got in, I sat down on the (cramped) bleachers, the girl sitting next to me half-whispered to her friend, [FONT color=#ff0000]"ewwwww!!! he's sweating!! move over!!!!"[/FONT]  
See?  

ROTFL. OMG. That's so funny. I feel for you, Marik dude.

I don't know about new versus old sweat there, Lil Me. They all smell the same stinkiness. I can't stand it when my man sweats. I usually tell him to head for the showers.

Worse is being in a gym with a bunch of sweaty men.....

.... actually, there's worst...... being in an elevator with a bunch of sweaty men.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Just for you, Angel. You can also get sweat in a can.
Bill Cosby.

The.Angel

Ugh....I didn't mean the sweat part, I meant the 'scent' part!   I'm not talking about "sweaty smell" per se................Maybe u don't know waht I mean, thats' ok.  

Marik

Oh man that stuff is GOOD! Everyone go drink Pocari Sweat (I am not kidding)! You can find it at T&T.  

TheAngel

LOL, srsly?  I think not!!!  Thanks anyway.  ;)  

TheAngel

Obviously that's not sweat..................... ewwwwwwwwwww. :(    

Marik

Angel, you really should - at least try it once! It's like a better version of Gatorade / Propel. Can't anyone else back me up on this one? Lise?