What's your favorite snacks?

Started by Lise, Feb 09 07 10:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Those are yummy too, purelife. I totally love those tan-tarts, those Chinese egg custard ones. Hmm.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh yeah...those egg tarts are yummy too, Lise.  :)  

Lise

Have you tried those spongy rice cakes? They're quite good too.

Oh another snack to include..... those sunflower seeds that you have to bite open to get them out of them shells.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Ahhh..yes...sponge rice cakes are really delicious.  I don't often buy them but I would have them once in a while.  I like that St Germain's bakery by Superstore.  They make delicious cocktail buns.    

Lise

St. Germaine is ok. Sometimes I get a hit and miss piece of cake. One time I was there, the cake I had was stale, like it's been sitting there for awhile. But the other time the cake turned out just divine.

My favorite's the Maxim store by T & T Metrotown. That place rocks!
Bill Cosby.

49er

My favorites........

Wife Cake

Mochi

Lise

Oh wow. What are they? Japanese or Chinese? Looks so darn good......
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

wife cake? lol classic name there  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Wife cake is Chinese and are commonly in bakeries where you buy the cocktail buns

Mochi is both Japanese and Chinese, not always in Chinese bakeries but definitely in Japanese bakeries/grocery stores  

Lise

Hm. I'll have to keep an eye on this "Wife Cake". I've never seen it but now that you mentioned it, perhaps it would be interesting to try it. Does it have a filling inside? What kind?
Bill Cosby.

49er

wife cake has a starchy coconut filling

purelife

Wife cake is pretty good...not my fav though.  Oh yeah, that Maxim one is good, but I get too lazy to walk all the way there when I usually shop at Superstore.  ;)  

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
wife cake? lol classic name there  
  Pretty sure that there is history to the name

Edit......I believe name came about because it was customary distributed by bridegrooms to friends and families at marriage  

|