Anna Nicole Simth dead

Started by Sportsdude, Feb 08 07 01:50

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Because 'we' the public, suck up this stuff like it has value.  When someone has reached celebrity status for whatever reason, the next thing you know, they're on the talk show circuit as authorities on one subject or another whether they have any training in those areas or not.  And WHY???

Because we send the message to them, that they're more special than they are.  They're just freaking people who happen to be able to act well, or sing well, or party in prominent places. WE make them celebrities, and then wonder who the heck are these people who think they're so darned special.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e136.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

All I know is this fake Prince Fredrick von Anhalt hubby of Zsa Zsa Gabor is hysterical.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I wikipedia'd von Anhalt and discovered the following linkage:

Anna Nicole<affair>von Anhalt<married>Zsa Zsa<prev. married>Conrad Hilton<son>Conrad Hilton Jr.<married>Elizabeth Taylor<best friend> Michael Jackson

Don't also forget the obvious link to Paris Hilton (Conrad Hilton's great granddaughter).  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Well-researched Lil Me, there's a moral in it all somewhere. Something on the lines of birds of a feather, but I can't think exactly what.

P.S. Will her remains be laid to rest in Silicon Valley?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I'm not claiming that she was any kind of saint, I just found it deeply sad that the jokes and nasty comments were flying less than 2 hours after she was dead.  News programs already divvying up her estate....or if she even has one.....who she owes money to....the paternity of her child.  I don't know....for Gawwwds sake let the poor woman at least be laid to rest first.  She's still someones sister, daughter...friend.  

In contrast, there's the story of the astronaut that was planning  to murder another human being, and the amount of people rushing to her defense is astounding.  (I suppose just because she's an astronaut) The understanding and sympathy for this 'poor woman' has got me baffled.

If death is only tragic when someone has achieved greatness, then there's something wrong.

The very attitude that measuring the worth of the persons life has some relationship to the degree of tragedy, is not far off the type of thinking that allowed the lack of effort in bothering to find Picktons victims for years and years and years.    

Gopher

P.C. You've shamed me!

P.C.

Sorry Gophie.  I really didn't mean to.  I have just found myself very sad about this whole thing for some reason.  It just feels so.........I don't know [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a010.gif" border=0]

Gopher

Yes, I know what you mean, sometimes we forget.

Lise

Geez. What's up with the fight already? Let the poor girl rest for crying out loud. Even in death she's hounded by lawyers.

Now they're disputing about her burial!!! (which is rapidly deteriorating) I feel her mother is greedy, she wants to take her body back to her home town so she can show ppl around and possibly charge admission. Anna bought a burial plot close to her son, Daniel's body in the Bahamas, she talked about being buried there.... duh! What's there to dispute about??? Let the poor woman go already for crying out loud!!!

Not to mention the judge's that presiding over her case, Judge Larry Seidlin has a double motive - he wants to appear on his own court TV so he's delivering all these one-liners and trying to act like he fracken cares.

Grrrr!!! Some people are idiots sometimes.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I'd be interested to see what would happen to all these would-be fathers coming out of the woodwork, if the news were to put it out there that the child will inherit a 5 million dollar debt.

Isn't the paternity call the one where most men scramble for the hills?

The whole smeary mess has been appalling. What ever happened to a time period of  respect for the dead, regardles of who they were when they were alive.

Lise

Yes. These dead beat fathers have absolutely no shame. I have nothing but contempt for them because all they see is controlling the kid's fortune. Disgusting.

I don't understand why Anna did not leave a will behind. Surely she must have known this might happen so why wasn't she prepared for it? At least get something down and notorized it for crying out loud. Her companion's a lawyer, surely he must have asked her to do something like that.

Then again, I'm not too crazy about Howard either. I think he has a hidden agenda too.

No respect for the dead. Not even for the living. Money brings out the worst in humans. Meh.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

i found this kinda funny...i love the part about the 'slow moving sperm'

ADD O.J. Simpson's name to the list of Anna Nicole Smith conquests. When the blond bombshell died last month and at least three men claimed to be the father of her baby girl, Dannielynn, the double-murder acquittee "said he was throwing his hat into the ring," Norm Pardo told Page Six. Pardo is the videographer who amassed 70 hours of footage of Simpson from 2000 to 2005. "He said he knew Anna Nicole pretty well, and he said he had slow-moving sperm, and he might be the father." Simpson and Smith were castmates in "Naked Gun 331/3: The Final Insult" (1994), and Anna Nicole was certainly O.J.'s type. His murdered wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, was also blond and busty. Simpson, who often visits the Bahamas, also joked to Pardo, "I hope they don't do a DNA test on Anna Nicole's baby. If they find out Dannielynn is mine, I don't want Fred Goldman trying to seize her money - or the baby herself." Goldman - the father of Ron Goldman, who was killed with Nicole - has been the most relentless in pursuing damages over the murders in civil court after Simpson was acquitted on criminal charges.

Gopher

Lil Me

slow moving sperm that change ethnicity during a 12 year journey.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

ROTFL. Slow moving sperm? I can't believe people would actually make a statement about this and not appear stupid.
Bill Cosby.

|