|

TheAngel

A year is shaped like a crescent moon.

Top.  =)

Moolah!

TheAngel wrote:
0 is Grayish, Black

& smelling like "coldness"

Yes, it's flavorless "minty cool". You take in and in and in... makes your lungs expand, but there isn't much there to smell. So it's a "trick". [img onmousedown=travesmilie(this.src); height=15 src="http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-009.gif" width=15]

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

TheAngel

Give us some more examples please, Raging Poodle :)

thank god we can modify our spelling errors on this site. ahah!

Moolah!

One last point I can make before I run off is that I believe associating numbers with the letters of the alphabet, goes beyond the scope of synaesthesia as there's no sensory involvement there. I think it starts going into the domain of Numerology at that point.

But then that's the area I like exploring...

I think it's called "high synaesthesia" because it encompasses a much wider range of associations rather than being confined to the overpublicized "color sound" combinations.

For example if I demonstrated how tomatoes or green bell peppers dance, then surely that also goes into the field of choreography and performing arts. (Though it may not be the most aesthetic sight, esp with me doing it LOL. )

And if flowers have a sound, then why not see if they can "talk" also?

When they start talking, why not ask them what diseases they can cure?

Now we're going into voodoo territory...

I better run. BBL.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

TheAngel

Bye Moo!  Those are some great concepts.  I'd like to look more into this myself, as I've always associated letters of the Alphabet together with Numbers, since I was a kid and added colours to them as well.

Well, I guess kind of like that banal example I just gave about the 5 = R.

Anyway, I'd like to delve more into all those voodoo areas too.

TTYL.    

TheAngel

One more thing I'm curious about at the moment is, are adults who can see people's "auras" - coloured hues around a person's body.. also more apt to perceive of these synaesthetic associations?

[div style="text-align: center;"]  [/div]

Lise

Geez. My mind's always blank. Darn it, I have zero preception. Either that or I have no idea what this thread is about.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I'm not certain TheAngel......They sound related, but I think it's different.  

I would love to know more too, it's very interesting, isn't it?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

TheAngel wrote:
One more thing I'm curious about at the moment is, are adults who can see people's "auras" - coloured hues around a person's body.. also more apt to perceive of these synaesthetic associations?

That's funny how you mentioned that, TheAngel.  I once did this healing session on someone.  It took a lot of my energy and concentration.  What I ended up seeing was a glow around the person's body.  I can see the lift of negative energy escaping from the top of the person's head.  I was a newbie at this, so didn't know what this glow was called when I saw it.  But, after when I was done concentrating, this person said that he felt better, different, like a huge burden was lifted off of his shoulders.  

Oh, what about being able to change your body temperature?  I once felt really feverish.  I was told to concentrate and feel where your body is most "red."  I concentrated and told this "redness" to escape my body.  After a few minutes of intense concentration, this was able to escape.  It was pretty cool when I come to think of it.

Lise

purelife... you read other people's glow. Kewl. You gotta teach me how to do it.

I have no chakra power on me. Once I tried to concentrate on a candle flame (my one GF was adamant I could put that flame out with a thought). The only physical change came from the waters of my eyeballs after staring at the flame for like 5 minutes.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I haven't done this for YEARS.  I haven't even attempted this.  I stopped meditating as well.  I probably should.

Lise, I don't know how I could see this yellow glow around the person sitting across from me.  It's been so long since I've concentrated like that.  

I'm kinda afraid of picking this up again.[/DIV]

TheAngel

I heard that children can see people's aura's quite easily.  

purelife

Lise

Children are more perceptive than adults. Ever watch The Messanger?

I do believe some people are more open to their inner chakra, some more so than others. It's not something that I would dabble in personally speaking. I don't know much about it and I'm not about to do something that I know nothing about.  
Bill Cosby.

TheAngel

I found this on google, here:

[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(51, 51, 204);" lang="EN-GB"]Q.14 I see coloured auras around people. Is this synaesthesia?[/span][span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; color: navy;" lang="EN-GB"]
 Possibly. Although some people are attracted to more mystical explanations. The aura might be triggered by the physical properties of the face, but more often than not the colour of the aura seems to relate to the persons mood or character traits (Collins, 1929; Riggs & Karwoski, 1934). There are now several cases in the literature of synaesthetes who only experience colours for the names of people that they personally know well (Ward, in press; Weiss et al, 2001). [a href="http://www.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/jamie.ward/qanda.htm#top"][span style="color: navy;"]^[/span][/a]

http://www.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/jamie.ward/synaesthesia.htm

[/span]

|