The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hi Everyone.  I haven't been around here much (for 6 years?).  While scrolling through messages, I just found out that Orik passed away.  Very sad.  Mr LM and I had lunch with him once at a coffee shop around the corner from Union Gospel.  Orik in person was a very kind, very affable guy who was funny and positive despite the setbacks that life had thrown at him.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Hello LM!

Im the same. in and out, not as often as before.
I agree, I found out about Orik passing away in the wild wild west forum. Sad. I met him a few times as well, for coffee. Met a few others from DV one time there. The old DV. LOL.

Well, away at work again. Left the Bahamas and just arrived today in Pensacola FL. And... up the road for a few coca colas.

Hows things with you LM? IF you want to try your hand at turkey frying, I can lend you my fryer.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Haha.  No.  Thanks.  I have a fear of vats full of molten oil.  But, I'm going to try panfrying some chicken schnitzel for dinner tonight.  Maybe we'll haul out the Xmas decorations as well.  We have a rare night at home to start a lazy-ish weekend...doesn't happen very often around here.

Up until recently, I was moonlighting in retail, and that involved a lot of nights and weekends at the mall.  But schlepping SE Asia sweatshop apparel was killing my soul and didn't justify the minimum wage I was earning...and I started getting some more hours in my day job.  SO I QUIT.

Hopefully our power stays on tonight.  More wind expected.  Last night we flickered and went off for a few minutes, but parts of the neighbourhood were dark until this morning.

Enjoy Florida!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Hullo LM

I got the christmas decorations up right before I left. My daughter and son loved it. As per normal when I am away we put up a plastic christmas tree, if I was home I always do a real tree.

When I do the stovetop frying, I normally douse the chicken with shake n bake before frying. Lazyman's coating, lol.

Good for you on the job, if its wearing you down, its not worth it. Hope the other job is a better fit for you?

Pensacola FL was good. Unfortunately we are now out at anchor.. for at least four weeks :(

Hope you had a good weekend!

TehBorken

Sadly, the worst of all possible outcomes has come to pass and I have become gainfully employed. :(

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 09 15 08:13
Sadly, the worst of all possible outcomes has come to pass and I have become gainfully employed. :(

Is this not a good thing TB? Or do you mean you arent running your own company anymore doing websites?

Hope all is well with you and your family otherwise.

Lil Me

Congratulations on your new job, TB? ???

Must have been a nice time of year to be in Florida, Russ.  Lucky you!

I'm thinking about getting a start on Xmas baking and present wrapping and such.  We're leaving for the brother-in-law's house in about a week, so I should really get a move-on.  Going to make 2 tourtiere meat pies and freeze them.  Shortbread using the shortbread mold, squares, tarts, etc.

Russ

Evening!

Actually its a little chilly in the mornings and evenings. During the days it warms up to the point Im sweating when outside. Its nice compared to the weather in the Lower Mainland.

For christmas I admit Im cheating. Ive left most of it up to my wife. LOL. For Christmas Ive bought her a new iPhone 6s or whatever its at now. The kids we bought lots of little things the last few months so with presents from my parents they are making out like bandits.

Have you bought your kids electronic devices? If so what age did you buy them? Im debating when to buy them, I like how it is currently that we lend them ours when they have done what we asked of them.

TehBorken

Quote from: Russ on Dec 10 15 05:12Is this not a good thing TB? Or do you mean you arent running your own company anymore doing websites?

No, lol, I'm still doing that. I was just bored so I decided to go back to work for a while, but I'm still doing all my usual web stuff too.  I'm working in Redmond if that gives you an idea. :)

TehBorken

Quote from: Lil Me on Dec 10 15 06:28
Congratulations on your new job, TB? ???

Yeah, I'm having fun with it. I was just kicking around the house and kinda bored so I figured I might as well do something productive with my time, at least for a while.

Lil Me

Enjoy the human contact!

Much of the work I am doing right now is independent subcontracted stuff, so I sometimes feel a bit isolated working from home.

Russ

Hope you enjoy your new job TB. Is it a long commute for you?

LM. my wife would agree with you. She used to work from home 2-3 days a week. Now due to elementary and daycare drop offs, she tends to work from the office. She finds she likes the interaction better.

Well, still awaiting information on what's happening next. Lol. Some things never change.

TehBorken

Quote from: Russ on Dec 15 15 11:20
Hope you enjoy your new job TB. Is it a long commute for you?

Maybe 30 minutes or so, not too bad.

Lil Me

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 15 15 08:44
Maybe 30 minutes or so, not too bad.
In Seattle traffic, that must be a land speed record!

Russ

Quote from: Lil Me on Dec 17 15 12:14
In Seattle traffic, that must be a land speed record!

LOL  I was actually thinking something similar LM.

30 minutes to Redmond is pretty darn good. You working outside of rush hour times for your commute?

Tonight is.. another boring night. LOL. Ended up buying a US SIM card for where I am in Florida. 50 usd for unlimited talk text and data. first 5 gb of data at 4G LTE, rest at 2G if I go over. Incredibly better than anything offered in Canada. Although now I am running out of excuses as to why Im not calling my wife all the time.

|