The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Well, busy last few days. Got back from visiting the parent creatures on the island, then worked on Plymouth again. Got the rebuilt carbureter on, did some more on some of the other things... and ran out of time. So I broke down and took it into a garage to finish up (drives me nuts letting someone else bang on my toys). I have lil Russ for the next few days...

Hope I gets it back tomorrow, and can take it for a burn. Its amazing what a rebuilt carb can do, lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Packing for a few days away - and hating it.

purelife

Russ - Great job with the Plymouth!  It's a beauty!
SD - Thank goodness for a bed and Dollarama when you need it. 
Hi Lil Me and TB!
Great news on the cancer rates, Gophie!

I've already lost 35lbs since beginning of January.  I am feeling really good about my self control and actually have very little desire to binge eat.  It's about time that I get my body back.  I'm so done with having kids.  I still have a bit more to lose to get to my pre-relationship weight 11 yrs ago but I'm happy for now.

Lil Me

That's fantastic, purelife!  You must feel great.
What did you change?  I need some ideas-- stuck in a rut.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Decided to go nutting, but the squirrels seemed to have got there first.

Sportsdude

Congrats purelife! Fantastic.

The bed is rather hard, so I'm buying duvet covers to pad the bed at Goodwill, so sleeping properly is still a work in progress... but I have a box spring now.

So the fam is moving this weekend and I'm worried about the cat freaking out. He's a low maintenance indoor-outdoor cat entering into his glory years, where he mostly spends the day outside to sleep. Does anyone have an guidance and/or advice on what to do? Last thing I want to hear on the phone is that the cat ran away or something.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Well, haven't stopped by in a bit.

The Plymouth has some issues, lol. The Camshaft in the motor is worn down on the lobes, due to it being a solid adjustable lifter/ cam follower type of motor. Its gutless when you put the hammer down. So, it needs an overhaul. I almost drove down to Spokane WA, to buy a Fury III which had a 383 and running tranny.. with lots of similar chrome pieces I would have stripped.. but never heard back from the fellow. <sigh>. To Rebuild my current motor in parts (new camshaft, lifters, pistons, bearings, oil pump, etc) and seals alone would cost me 900 shipped to my mailbox. My wife has put her foot down and its now parked in the carport again, and I am busy on finishing the pool system with a new pump and solar heating panels. Its only the end of summer, lol.

Gopher

Russ

Sorry to hear that Gopher. Hope its been better since then.

Has anybody heard from DDD in a while?

Gopher

Yes, been  much better since, thanks Russ. I've had a weekend on the East Coast and am planning a trip to Holyhead later this week. BTW not seen DDD around for quite a while now.

Russ

Are you going to places you havent been to in a very long time? Ive done that a few times in the past year. Really amazing to see the changes.

As for me. Screwed up on my times. An hour early to the dentist

Gopher

Yes, dead right, Russ. Went to Holyhead today but wasn't very impressed - however I loved Anglesey.

Natasha

Things and relationships are looking up :)

TehBorken

We're getting ready for my son to come back here tomorrow on leave, and then we're departing for a trip to Cambodia. :)

My son says he'll be graduating as an E3, Airman 1st Class, at or near the top of his class and he's looking forward to going to his first duty station at Whiteman AFB (http://www.whiteman.af.mil/) in Missouri- home of the B2 "Spirit" bombers (https://www.google.com/search?q=B2+Spirit+bombers&safe=off&biw=1188&bih=879&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QYEIVIjrPOKbjAKkwYCQCA&ved=0CCwQsAQ&dpr=0.9).

As for us, we're planning on taking a trip to Ho Chi Minh city and possibly a side trip to Laos. My MIL will be going back with us. I think she's happy to get back home after 6 months or so in the US.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

|