The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

After several weeks of good weather, I've just been informed that the temperature in Finland has turned unusually cold - just in time for me to get there.

Lil Me

Here's a random fact about Finland that I learned from a friend today:

--In a Portuguese textbook from 1934 I read once, it also counted "Árabes, Persos e Hindús" as part of the white race. ... But it said Hungarians, Finns and Bulgarians were "yellows"
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

OH! something new for me, although I have noticed that a lot of Finns have high cheek bones and some of them have very, very slightly slanting eyes. I'll keep my eyes open and report back.

kitten

Hi, everybody,

I'm back again, but considerably weaker now.  I've been inundated with nursing personnel from Home Health, and their visits take more out of me than the meds I'm taking.  Food is still a challenge for me, because I keep staring at full cupboards and trying to think of anything that would tempt my tastebuds.    My appetite has gone steadily down, as has my appetite. I look at the fridge and the cupboards and shudder at the thought.  I'm tired all the time, but can't seem to sleep.  This is a most annoying disease!  I try to find food to tempt my palate, but nothing looks interesting.  I used to love scalloped potatoes and BBQ spareribs, but I just can't be bothered to do more than open another can of soup.

I miss all the chats I used to have with you.  Chatting with you was so interesting, and I really enjoyed it.  But I'm so tired all the time with all the meds I have to take that it is hard to focus on conversation.  I also have a very annoying home nurse that shows up two to three times a week to check on me.  I don't mind being checked on, but I loathe her patronizing attitude.  She seems to restrict her chats to two syllable words, in case I can't grasp anything larger.    Being patronized is one of my chief annoyances, but she is the home link to the nurses and doctors.  Cancer doesn't automatically mean that I am brain-dead, just seriously inconvenienced physically.

I've noticed that pain is intruding on my addiction to reading.  I love to read, but the pills fog my brain.  I wind up re-reading books and newspapers because my ability to concentrate is disturbed by clock-watching to take my pills at the required time.  Sleep is also disturbed by the need to take meds at certain times, so cat-naps are my only option.  One good thing that happens is I can read the same paragraph a couple of times over and it looks new to me!

Time to go back for another cat-nap with my cats.  One of the luxuries I never used to indulge in, but now are pleasurable.  Hope someone is reading this, and will respond.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.
You are as funny and eloquent as ever.
Nighty night to you and the cats.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Hang in there, Kitten. We are always here for you.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Stay as sweet as you are, Kitten. We're all in love with you.

TehBorken

Quote from: kitten on Jun 18 14 05:27One good thing that happens is I can read the same paragraph a couple of times over and it looks new to me!

I do that now and I'm not on any meds. :(  It's just old age chipping away at my brain.

I was re-watching some parts of Breaking Bad last night and thinking, "damn, I don't remember this part, or this part,  or this part...." :(
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

I saw and ate my first wild raspberry this morning.

Lil Me

Did you need to chase it?  Snare it?

Gopher

Russ

Quote from: kitten on Jun 18 14 05:27
Hi, everybody,

I'm back again, but considerably weaker now.  I've been inundated with nursing personnel from Home Health, and their visits take more out of me than the meds I'm taking.  Food is still a challenge for me, because I keep staring at full cupboards and trying to think of anything that would tempt my tastebuds.    My appetite has gone steadily down, as has my appetite. I look at the fridge and the cupboards and shudder at the thought.  I'm tired all the time, but can't seem to sleep.  This is a most annoying disease!  I try to find food to tempt my palate, but nothing looks interesting.  I used to love scalloped potatoes and BBQ spareribs, but I just can't be bothered to do more than open another can of soup.

I miss all the chats I used to have with you.  Chatting with you was so interesting, and I really enjoyed it.  But I'm so tired all the time with all the meds I have to take that it is hard to focus on conversation.  I also have a very annoying home nurse that shows up two to three times a week to check on me.  I don't mind being checked on, but I loathe her patronizing attitude.  She seems to restrict her chats to two syllable words, in case I can't grasp anything larger.    Being patronized is one of my chief annoyances, but she is the home link to the nurses and doctors.  Cancer doesn't automatically mean that I am brain-dead, just seriously inconvenienced physically.

I've noticed that pain is intruding on my addiction to reading.  I love to read, but the pills fog my brain.  I wind up re-reading books and newspapers because my ability to concentrate is disturbed by clock-watching to take my pills at the required time.  Sleep is also disturbed by the need to take meds at certain times, so cat-naps are my only option.  One good thing that happens is I can read the same paragraph a couple of times over and it looks new to me!

Time to go back for another cat-nap with my cats.  One of the luxuries I never used to indulge in, but now are pleasurable.  Hope someone is reading this, and will respond.

Sorry to read this kitten. Hope you feel better and wishing you all the best.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

My daughter decided to help my wife feed my fish. Without telling anyone she grabbed two mighty handfulls of algae eater food and proceeded to feed the fish. Now the catch is that algae eater food, is well, algae for algae eaters, just a little ah concentrated.
The tank got a little murky.
Unfortunately one of my non algae eaters, an angelfish, died due to the algae boom.
My wife is trying to explain to my daughter, there are consequences to not listening, and no fishie is not coming back. Aparently not working.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

My first impressions of Helsinki are very good.

|