The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Hi Lil Me! Long time no see. Congrats on finishing the university degree. Big achievement. The fractions are mere social constructions of social statistics. This is what I tell myself when I come across numbers.

The things I wanted to get done today did not happen. This weekend is a wash in general with the moving chaos, paying for things, and trying to contact Hydro Quebec, which is borderline impossible. Hydro Quebec automatically hangs up on you if the lines are busy. I guess they like to keep it short, sweet and to the point.

The best post-Habs loss comment I read on the internet last night was "GOLF!! HABS!! GOLF!!" (get it. haha)

It's baseball season now.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

I am making this thread authentic by having nothing interesting to say.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

LOL Goph.  Please tell us about the Baton Relay!

Hi SD.  I haven't finished the uni degree yet.  I'm getting there.  Hopefully I'll be done around my 40th birthday in 2015, when my oldest kid Heckyl will be in Grade 12.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

The Baton relay was a wonderful affair with about 10,00 people watching. Photos coming soon. It was all incredibly English with various things going wrong and the singing of God Save The Queen - photos follow. Thoroughly enjoyable but NO LITTER (which is very unEnglish). Flags from most of the Commonwealth but none from Canada.

kitten

What's wrong with Canada?  They are acting like Americans, instead of remembering their roots.  Shameful, I think. I guess it's Harper and his big country envy.  He'd rather aspire to the lofty rank of American president, and have a bigger country to mess up.  Land envy....sort of like penis envy, only bigger (much).
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

Glad to hear the Brits stopped littering for a day!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Brits are a littering bunch? Who knew!

That's really great, Lil Me. Best of luck!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Canada has a novel solution to littering.  They elect their garbage to various government posts.  Keeps the streets cleaner.

Gopher

Yesterday I found and ate some wild strawberries.

purelife

Hi everyone!  I'm not sure why I don't come here often.  I should.   :)
My 4 yr old is going into Kindergarten this year and we got accepted into the school we wanted him in.  Our catchment school was primarily one race and he'd be the only mixed kid there.  Where has the time gone?!  Soon, my oldest will be graduating high school too, and coincidentally at the same school I graduated.

TehBorken

France: The only military with sunburned armpits.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

Hi, purelife!  Good to see you again. 

Congratulations to both your youngest and oldest children.  And to you too for raising a great family.

kitten

The raccoons have been prolific this year.  They're everywhere getting into garbage and strewing it around.  A couple tried to get in my screen door to steal the cat food, but I chased them away in time.  I do wish my neighbor wouldn't feed them;  it just brings more and more around and I worry about my cats being out during the day.  So far they are ignoring each other, but I know they can get quite aggressive when they have offspring.

kitten

I made my last trip to the Cancer Clinic in Vancouver today.  Now I only have the Home Health nurses and doctors that call and come around frequently to check on progress (or lack of).  One less nuisance trip to contend with, which is nice.  What I really need is an extension to my little apartment just to hold medications and bottles, patches and general med supplies! 

Lil Me

kitten- good for you for keeping everything organized.  It must be quite a chore.

Hi purelife!  Time flies.  Congrats to you and the family.

|