The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

TehBorken

Sakha and I went to a funeral service for the mother of the lady that owns her nail store. Very subdued. She was 91 and it was time to go, I guess.

Lots of chanting, and we wai'd and bowed and offered incense to the deceased.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

How sad for you and Sakha.  But you are right, of course.  It was time, but I'm sure she will be missed.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kitten

Good morning!  Lovely day so far....as always, subject to change without notice! ;)
I have a CAT Scan scheduled for today.  Hmmm...which cat should I select for it?  It's a break in the routine, and when I get back I think there are a couple more things I want to plant, as well as find some nice flowers for a hanging basket.  If only there was a little more space, there are a few plants I saw that would look lovely by my tiny patio, but space limitations prevent it.
So, see you later and enjoy the day.

kitten

Well, I've checked back a few times and found nobody here, so I guess it's time to say goodnight and read a book instead.  Hoping I'll see someone here tomorrow.

TehBorken

Fridays are sometimes busy for me, probably for others too. I was in and out running a lot of errands yesterday, nothing exciting but they all gotta be done. :(

Quote from: kitten on May 16 14 08:15
Well, I've checked back a few times and found nobody here, so I guess it's time to say goodnight and read a book instead.  Hoping I'll see someone here tomorrow.

kitten

I had a quiet day.  The health team came this morning, and after they left I fed the cats some lunch and tried the barbecued back ribs I had done in the oven this morning.  Not too bad, but I wish I had my taste buds back to properly appreciate them.  I did manage about three ribs.  This afternoon the sun came out for a while, so I bundled up against the wind, (two sweaters, and still sort of chilly) and went outside to read.  When it got too cold I came back in and read some more.  Exciting, wasn't it.  I'm half asleep, so I think I'll go to bed early: around ten or so. 
Good night, and I'll check back again tomorrow.

P.C.

Yipes....tried to find time today to drop by.  Running a week late getting the veggie garden planted, so have been 'cramming' the last few days.  My pre-planted seedlings are screaming to be transplanted. =))

Nice to sit and read outside, Kitten.  Something we could all follow your example on.  It feels so peaceful.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I tried to sit outside for a while this afternoon, but there was too much wind, and I found it quite chilly so I had to come back inside.  I tried to vacuum Kaycee's chair, but at this time of year it is almost a losing cause.  I finish and switch off the noise machine, and he's right back in making a fresh deposit of fur!  Skinx isn't so bad, because she's outside so much she gets most of it out running through hedges and up trees trying to chase the birds.   Mr. Tibbs only comes around for meals and a quick play with his catnip bag.
You always are so busy!  I don't know how you do it.  My energy level is so depleted that I get worn out doing a little housework, and I have to sit down and rest.

kitten

Good morning!  It is getting to be close to noon, and the morning has been very quiet.  We had periods of rain last night, with more expected before the sun returns.  At least there is no need for watering the flowers today, but staying inside limits the number of things that can be accomplished indoors in a small apartment.  Later on I hope to get out for some quality sunshine.  I get spoiled so easily! 

See how far I can stretch "Nothing interesting to Say"?!!! 

TehBorken

Quote from: kitten on May 19 14 10:48See how far I can stretch "Nothing interesting to Say"?!!!

Lol, I hear you.

As for me (us), the highlight of our day was back-to-back dental appointments. Yippee.

kitten

Hate to admit it, but that still makes your day more interesting than mine! ;)   I tried to sit in the scrap of sunshine that appeared earlier, but the wind was so strong  I practically froze, so I came back in and read.  Tonight, more of same.  The thrills never stop, do they.  Yawn!!

kitten

What a perfect afternoon this was!  Sunshine beaming down, new planters hanging (2), everything else is in, and joy of joys, my neighbor is going to give me 2 California poppies to put between the rocks the gardeners planted on the side of my lawn to give it "visual interest".  Without flowers in there, they are still just gray rocks!  Nothing to see, folks!  Move along.  Now they will look nice.  It started to get chilly for me, so I had to come in around 7 P.M..  But in all, another perfect day in Lotus Land.

kitten

Another grey day in the seesaw weather of spring.  Indoor time again!  But now I can look outside and feast my eyes on the beautiful flowers and feel happy.  Life is so interesting now that I have shed little worry frets about trivial things and learned to value the big picture of the wonderful and kind things people are doing for me to make what is left worthwhile..  Thank you, one and all!     :) :) :)

TehBorken

Yesterday we went downtown and did some shopping for the stuff Sakha can't find at Safeway or Albertsons, then came back up here and browsed in the mall. I needed an air hose extender for my air compressor, so that was my big purchase. Oooh the excitement never stops. :)

On another note, my son reached his "ATP" status and is now allowed to wear civilian clothes when off duty. Apparently it's bloody hot at Shepard and it's nice to get out of his heavy camo suit and wear something lighter when walking around the base.

kitten

Again, Congratulations to your son!  He's doing so well for himself.  You've set such a good example for him; you must be very proud of his successes.  Congratulations for a child well raised.

The sun is sort of shining through the light cloudiness, and it will be another lovely day.  I'm looking forward to more hours in my patio sanctuary this afternoon.  Oh, and I went to Safeway this morning and got some cappuccino frozen yoghurt.  Makes my day! ;D

|