The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Argh!
Im sick. Been that way for a few days now.. been going around the ship. Last few days been the worst. Taking medication, but can't take any that would DO anything, as I cant take any non drowsy or drowsy stuff due to my job.

Other than that.. looking into flights/ hotel combo's to Jamaica! My brothers getting married there in four months.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Russ

Very Likely and hopefully true, lol.

For me, Im used to the heat. I think SS will melt though.

Should be interesting.. yet another place I havent been.

purelife

Congratulations to your brother who is getting married, Russ and in Jamaica!  How exciting!  My brother is also getting married but not until May and definitely not in Jamaica or anywhere tropical like that.

Hope you feel better soon too Russ.  I was also sick and couldn't take anything.  All I had was hot water/honey/lemon and lots of rest.  That seem to help tremondoulsy.  I miss the drugs.  It would knock me right out immediately.

Happy to hear that you are ultra happy Gophie! 

I have 9 more weeks of work and I'm off!!  Yippeeee, I can't wait!  I would love to leave earlier though, so we'll see. :)

Gopher

What a brilliant way to  start the year! :)
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Quote from: purelife on Dec 30 11 11:40
Congratulations to your brother who is getting married, Russ and in Jamaica!  How exciting!  My brother is also getting married but not until May and definitely not in Jamaica or anywhere tropical like that.

Hope you feel better soon too Russ.  I was also sick and couldn't take anything.  All I had was hot water/honey/lemon and lots of rest.  That seem to help tremondoulsy.  I miss the drugs.  It would knock me right out immediately.

Happy to hear that you are ultra happy Gophie! 

I have 9 more weeks of work and I'm off!!  Yippeeee, I can't wait!  I would love to leave earlier though, so we'll see. :)

Hey PL, Happy new years!
My cold is almost gone, hope yours is too! Yeah, I understand about teh no drugs to treat it.

Gopher! Happy New years to you as well!

Well, another fun filled day. Hope everyones have a great 2012

Lil Me

Hope everyone is feeling better!

Don't know about you, but I've had NO ENERGY this rainy week.  I finally have my game on when work starts at 8am, but it's a challenge to get to that point.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Hello Miss sparkly fur LM!

Well, im better but still a bit of a cough and runny nose.

SS has been telling me that lil SS is still nervous about Daycare, but seems to be picking up some habits from teh other kids. She also said that they made a comment about her sending lil SS with a Peanut butter sandwich the other day.. whats with that?
She's not at a full day yet, but getting there. The first time she was there, was only for an hour. She was great the first 50 minutes and the last ten she was crying.

Natasha

Quote from: Russ on Jan 06 12 04:56
She also said that they made a comment about her sending lil SS with a Peanut butter sandwich the other day.. whats with that?
Some people can be allergic to peanuts. Sometimes just touching the surface of something that has been exposed to peanuts can cause a severe reaction possibly even death... if the person doesn't have the proper care right away.

Russ

Ive heard something about that. Dont think that Lil SS is actually banned from bringing it though.

Why was it when I was young in school I used to get Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches alot.. and a number of other kids did too? There was no bans on them? It seems like its more widespread than it used to be.
Seems like there's alot more children with allergies as well.
Or maybe its just cause its more noticable with the media and hype.
Or too many people making their children into bubble children, keeping everything too clean and keeping the kids away from everything so they can't build up an immunity to it.

DDD

most elem school have banned peanuts of any type untill the middle school or higher

Natasha

Quote from: Russ on Jan 07 12 03:24
Ive heard something about that. Dont think that Lil SS is actually banned from bringing it though.

Why was it when I was young in school I used to get Peanut Butter and Jam sandwiches alot.. and a number of other kids did too? There was no bans on them? It seems like its more widespread than it used to be.
Seems like there's alot more children with allergies as well.
Or maybe its just cause its more noticable with the media and hype.
Or too many people making their children into bubble children, keeping everything too clean and keeping the kids away from everything so they can't build up an immunity to it.
It's probably a combination of all that. Then again some people just develop allergies to things as they age because of the hormonal changes their bodies have through.
I used to love peanut butter. Ate it on a regular basis. Then one night I popped a mini reeses and half an hour later I was in the ER. I was so surprised when the Dr told me I was allergic. I've been eating peanut butter since I was a kid. I wasn't a germaphobe growing up. Got into damn near everything, I was rather tomboyish as a child. But the reason I was really surprised about the allergy was because I had eaten a mini reeses the night before too and I was totally fine then. Now I have to be very careful   :(  and I really miss eating peanut butter  :'(

Natasha

Quote from: DDD on Jan 09 12 09:23
most elem school have banned peanuts of any type untill the middle school or higher
In this area even middle and high school doesn't offer peanut butter anything. If there are going to parties, whoever is in charge of that party has to check with the teacher and get a list of anyone who may allergies then plan the party accordingly.
Resturants are required to make notes or have the waitress flat out tell you if something is cooked in peanut oil or contains peanuts.

Gopher

Why do I find emotional blackmail so hard to deal with?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

Quote from: Gopher on Jan 11 12 10:24
Why do I find emotional blackmail so hard to deal with?

cause its BS to do that to a person

|