The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Holy crap !  Now that's progress for ya.  I had no idea they were that bad.  I guess we just assume that new things would be more efficient ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

My head hurts.

I smacked my head into a solid object (doorframe of the truck) last night.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

take better care of ur self SD trust me it only gets worse as you age... as for not knowing famous people I ID the guy from the mathew good-band and refused entry to rob zombie at ozfest for not having id ( he was very abusive when Ihe had to return to the tour bus for the nesesary back stage rquirments.. i got chewed out from my suprvisor for mucking that one up... like i am supposed to know who these people are..

I spent a 30 minute conversation with some group going to the autograph pits (for the concert goers) called ugly joe or was it serial joe something like that...  had to cut the conversation short and go to work again when a screaming girl tried to come through from the stands to get to the young men. crazy girl climbed a chainlink fence 15 maybe 16  ... sheesh what is it with some people that go insane over some rock band.. or movie star or starlett

You know that gentleman from the beachcombers very famous man i have no idea what his name is i forget it now. i think he was the man in charge of something and it wasnt that relek fella... tie domie  a hockey player i think was at the roxy   most of the bc lions did securty for a number of them but then again are the bc lions players famous ? lorne gren gave me 20 dollars when i was a pan handler on hsatings with my kick a panhandler for a buck sighn... some lady told me who he was.. me no bleeding clue..just a few of the people i have met and never had a clue who they were till some one told me +)) so do not feel bad if you do not know things there are others out there just as clueless if not more so..

anyways I think i am the only security officer working side stage or some event or what ever or at some autograph tables with no clue who any of these famous people are.. as for actors and actresses i am even worse with names or faces.  as for the ego's of these men and women I do not know if they are hurt or not.. are we really supposed to know who they are.. dont you think they woud like to have some anoniminity and like to be treated as the rest of the planet... with out some paparazi or some crazed fan after them ?

lots to say about nothing.. i am as soggy as a donut left in a cup of coffee to long..

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]ke[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]duc[/td][td]r[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="493c60158c45fc0f7a59d54c2b40ca3f" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]
well it is great weather if one is a duck thats for sure

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

[div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"][div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Lil Me wrote:  My head hurts.[/div] [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I smacked my head into a solid object (doorframe of the truck) last night.[/span]

So the rums made it through the fax then ?  
[/div]  

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]SD wrote:  A girl I work with is a rather famous actress. I had no idea, and clearly I am clueless about these things.[/span]

If you had no idea who she was....then she isn't famous.    

Sportsdude

Well... true I guess. Part of it is my personality as I really don't care for such things. Like.. I've been in a few classes now with vancouver's favourite hometown actress's sister of this decade.  A friend of mine grew up next to her as neighbours, carpooled to school with this person, and I've talked to this person throughout our classes. Yet it didn't register until after the fact when my friend told me this summer and I just bursted out laughing.

Its insignificant to the grand scheme of things, but for some reason people get worked up over 'celebrity'. whatever, its amusing the first time around or 'cool' now its just 'oh what are they filming here, cool' or 'oh he/she is eating breakfast, interesting'.

I get more worked up when I run into 'Mark Twain' this math prof I've had run ins with and is my personal shadow apparently. Now THAT makes my day. hahaha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I feel not so with it today..
Maybe drinking a number of beers with people last night while making decisions was not the best way to go, lol

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

JJ

No Christmas card or lights until December!

P.C.

That's right.

I believe in getting things done early, but sending them out before December ?

Gopher

All my relatives have had one from the same person...I vaguely remember that we had them on the same day last time round.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Miss PC is out of action.   My back is wrecked.  Wrecked I tell ya.  Took me a full 20 minutes to get out of bed this morn.  This is really ticking me off....I got things TO DO !!!      

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

I Just finished my first filling today.. Slightly painful but this one might have to become a root canal it was so close to the root. It was a wisdom tooth and a side cavity. apparently very difficult to treat, my dentist did not feel comfortable doing the work. She asked if I wanted to keep my wisdom teeth and I said yes, I do. Some may think its better to remove a tooth, but I'm a firm believer on trying to keep them. Like if they remove it, I Lose one of my grinders they removed teeth to make room for these wisdom teeth 20 odd years ago

Even though My dentist was uncomfortable doing this filling, she went to work on it with full confidence She did a excellent job at making me comfortable. (considering I am a very bad dental patient I just have a hard time with trust and surrendering control, combined with claustrophobia and a strong dislike to pain sharp implements and drill noises)  She impressed me with how very comfortable she made me and the care given was fantastic.

I  arrived 30 minutes early  to Take some Ativan. It really helps take the edge off. It helps a person relax and dentists lose less fingers ( that's a joke)  2 extra mg of Dilauded some ibuprofen and im all set for the double freezing cotton ball on a stick swabs the gum and cheeks area waits 5 minutes then time for the needle OUCH I swear that thing was like 5 feet long damnnnnnnnnnnnnn. ( did I mention I hate needles to)  then it was 60 minutes of packing  my mouth with cotton rolls, retracting my tongue. and little things of some agent pink stuff pushed in to the tooth after she finished drilling it. that hurt a lot, until she lowered the drill speed. then it became much more bearable, it sure helps to have a good dentist and I think she did a great job :)

Right now that the freezing is wearing off.  and I am not feeling any pain or discomfort Shall wait to see how things go for the next 7 to 10 days. some basic painkillers and time to relax. and no hard crunch candy's or dangerous foods while the teeth fillings settle in to place. they are done now. but I seem to remember about 15 years ago the dentists said I had to wait a week before i could eat hard candys with out risking damage to the tooth fillings and no toffees or candy apples and stuff.

one down 12 more to go ...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

gopher2

I can't understand why I can't log in properly.

|