The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I should phrase this better... lol

Everyone I knew who liked Nanaimo, specifically South Nanaimo, and even more specific, Harewood, refused to have a cell phone. They still don't.

Everyone who had a phone made fun of them for being in the dark ages. 'Lesquiti Island' types if you want a silly stereotype. haha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

I have had 3 dental cleanings and one check up I have 2 more cleanings scheduled then I have 4 restoration sessions ... The gums are not to good the teeth are bad 13  cavities were found with out the x-rays sheepish looks i think i need to see a dentist more often. irregardless of the expense and how uncomfortable I am.

thankfully we have dental now. God only knows how much worse they would of gotten had I continued to not see a dentist. I have seen a dentist 3 times in the past 18 years and that includes the 2 times this month...  I have no clue what this is going to cost.  so far the dental bill has been almost 600 and they want to pull my wisdom tooth...

I want to save it.but that's going to cost a bit I think... I will know more after they finish cleaning the roots of my teeth, needless to say it is very painful, my dental appointments are currently every 2 days this is not going to be fun. The only good part is that they are kind with lots of patience with a nervous patient as my self and the Ativan I get before hand certainly helps out lots..

has anyone seen Lise ? is she still missing in action. is she ok or what..

On another Note I got both Flu shots Friday at my respiratory therapist and my GP both said with my health I should..OUCH my arm is throbbing and I have monor aches and pains and a slight chill temperature is a little elevated... but so far so good.

Side note my lung capacity is only 61 percent all those years of smoking everything under the sun...took it's toll and the CPOD will never improve. the damage is irreversible.. I had had, hopes it could be. the good news is it will not get any-worse since I quit smoking. and If I can lose 300 pounds to get back down to my ideal weight I will improve in strength and breathing then too... but first I have to lose the 300 pounds.. damn where is a Richard Simmons combined Drill Sergent when you need one..

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]ve[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]dri[/td][td]l[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="e3f35d4d7604e9f4e92537cacff93cf7" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"] [input name="preview" value="Preview" onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" type="submit"][img]index.php?action=jsoption;sesc=65d416078397c502dea71d18af7ac966;1258235844143" alt="" id="fetchSessionTemp"]

haha how right the spambot is ...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Isis

Oh you have now scared me into seeing a Dentist again...it's been about 5 years since I've seen one (I'm anal about my teeth at home, but haven't had the coverage to get the check ups).  I don't think I want to know at this point what work might need to be done.

Hope your teeth, gums, and mouth are doing alright...
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"

Orik

they should be fine given the right cleaning and treatment.. my teeth are killing me. since the last cleaning eating and drinking hot and cold things kill my teeth now, i think the plaque build up was protecting my teeth somewhat... groans thankfully the aches and pains and temperature from the flu shots seems to be back to normal and my arms have stopped hurting something awful.. sighs back to work on Monday and get drowned in the rain... darn winter thankfully is rain and not snow. io can survive the rain. i hate snow more... the lif eof working out doors all year round...

anyone got one of those nice big standing heaters they have on some starbucks patios gods id love one of them at work..

oh and on a great note i am using a older video driver and now have Rune-Scape working in High Definition and 3D again... the new catalyst driver was to much for my ancient card to handle..

thanks to a omega driver for the nice over clocking package my card is running sweetly now and i can once again game

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Russ

Wow, I havent heard or played runescape in a LONG time..  do they delete old accounts? I dont remember my password or even username, lol.

I have an outdoor heater Orik.. and like at starbucks its natural gas.. doesnt put out as much heat as a propane one due to the low 2 psi the gas company provides you with. You can drill out the jets to get more flow.. but theres still a limit on the amount that can flow out at a time...

Well, I have to fix my laptop yet again.. the power connection is broken again and the keyboard isnt doing too well, lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Computer repairs.  %#&*# !!!

Power went out this morn....quite stormy here....and took the computer monitor with it.

What the heck is it with new crap.  Have a 17 and 19 year old TV here that are still doing fine.  The 'new' plasma TV lasted 2 years, and this 'new' monitor was even newer.  

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

It's a capitalist plot to make you consume more. The companies purposefully build a product with a lifespan of 2-4yrs to coencide with their updates of new models.

Back at the house before the 'digital switch' we had a black and white portable grey tv from the early 80s. It had nothing wrong with it at all until I decided to put a magnet on it in the late 90s. It still worked up until the switch, my favourite tv. Our first colour tv that we bought in '86 from JCPenney's, still works fine today (if it wasn't for the switch). And, we had those portable radios from the early 80s that broadcasted the tv stations (audio only). That was our work radio until the digital switch.

The problem you have isn't just you. :)
It's the corporations.

If they made a product that lasted forever (which they can) then nobody would buy new stuff.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I know....it's crazy.  It's so sinfully wasteful....and expensive.  Hey get THIS.  My oldest sister still has my mom and dad's first tv.  The ones with the round screen.  It STILL works....and they've never done anything with it.

And you know....I'm not looking for something that lasts forever.  But jeeeez...you'd think for the price of this crap, that it would last at least FIVE ?

Orik

Russ wrote:
Wow, I havent heard or played r in a LONG time..  do they delete old accounts? I dont remember my password or even username, lol.
  I have an outdoor heater Orik.. and like at starbucks its natural gas.. doesnt put out as much heat as a propane one due to the low 2 psi the gas company provides you with. You can drill out the jets to get more flow.. but theres still a limit on the amount that can flow out at a time...

Russ I dont think rune-scape deletes old accounts  u need to put a - in between rune and scape or the word filter turns it into just R you can try to recover your password with jagex... if your charecter was a low level it might be better to forget it and start a new one. but if you might have had some rare items it is wort hrecovering the account. half jug of wine. pumpkin or  easter eggs the ultimate rares christmas crakers and party hats.

I am such a D&D player from the days of old when one used dice and a DM to game.. i fell in love with Rune-scape cause it is similar to the old days of gaming. but sadly RS is going the way of mass worls player vrs player combat. the quest hing is not that big. but I loved the thieving and hunter skills they added. summoning i can live with out.. RS in someways is now not near as fun as it used to be.If only I could find more games similar to hose old days of D&D

Whats with a natural gas heater ? How does it work do oyu hook it up to a gas line or something or what...  im not sure i could use one of those at work... i would need one of the propane ones.. that or i need some one with some construction skills some spare time and a volantary willingness to build for me a guard shack on wheels. and it can not be larger than 4 feet by 4 feet... sighs.. time money and skills are lacking..

teeth come first. all other problems must wait till my teeth are finished.

I agree PC for the cost of gizmos gadgets and other bits of technology it would be nice if they lasted at least 5 years.  I bought a colour screen CRT in 2003 the colour was gone 2 years later 3 months after the warenty ended. warenty was for 18 months. tv still works if you dont mind the slightly off colour area in the upper right hand quadrant of the telly.

JJ

I've had the same TV since 1990 I'm waiting for it to die before I buy a new one but it just won't die so can't justify a new TV.  

Gopher

I'm mid-way through my second cold in three weeks.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Are you sure it's not the same cold Gophie ?    

Gopher

Positive, the first one went and then three days later the second one started. Have met several who the same thing's happened to..
A fool's paradise is better than none.

LM@work

If I ever move, I'm buying a flatscreen because I can't lift the fricken tv.

Isis

I own a flatscreen....and I still can't lift it be myself.  50 inch TVs are not that light and are not that easy to pick up....but they are sooooooooo worth the two man team!
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"

|