The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

P.C. wrote:
Oh yum Miss purelife.  I had one a few weeks ago, but not one on those giant ones.

I am nursing a maimed finger right now.  I was trying to take a short cut on the chop saw, and the blade grabbed the wood and slammed it into the fence...pinching it badly.  It is turning black and I think I'm going to lose my nail.  It's STILL throbbing. [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/11.gif[/img]

See my post on the joke thread for the answer to this.
Hope your fingie gets better!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

That was hilarious Russ.  I'll be framing it soon.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Ouchie, P.C.

MrLM got back from a secret ops mission and got his truck cleaned (interior detail and cut polish).  Happiness is a clean truck.  No mud on the interior or exterior.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I'm finally gonna make the switch from Telus home phone to Shaw home phone so that now, we have cable, internet and phone all with Shaw.

Shaw is cheaper too and includes call display.  I can't wait to have call display!!!!!!  And we're gonna save $$.

Russ

Im going to have to learn about cleaning trucks and washing them. I never have done it regularly..

Im not in a good mood. I bought myself the motorola Tundra VA76r.. which is a military spec cell phone.
But its locked to rogers and Im with fido.. I have gone to two online places to unlock it that have advertised they could.. and they havent been able to, one came back yesterday, and the other hasnt yet. I have two more places to try before attempting Rogers which Im sure would be EXPENSIVE.
Grrr...  

Russ

purelife wrote:
I'm finally gonna make the switch from Telus home phone to Shaw home phone so that now, we have cable, internet and phone all with Shaw.

Shaw is cheaper too and includes call display.  I can't wait to have call display!!!!!!  And we're gonna save $$.

i have to laugh PL.. I attempted to post in this thread twice.. then the third time I got the red letters.. thats from you! lol.
We use the shaw package PL. It is cheaper.. we had the guy out twice for the tv signal and once for the net signal. Its been good for the past 5 months htough..

P.C.

Back to work for a bit.  

Hope your day gets better Russ.  

Later.  

Russ

Dont do that!! That means it will be motivation for me to do something as well.. which Im trying to avoid!  

Sportsdude

People still use home phones?

I'm in busy week(s).
Speaking of phones... My phone bill is looming...

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Not everybody gets clear cell service....so yes...a home phone is a must for some.  We can't even rely on portable phones either, with the frequency of power outages....so we bought a wall phone a couple years back.

It's funny, when I call my neighbour who has only her cell...she has to go outside to get a signal, and I can hear her better without the phone.  We could probably do just as well with some string and tin cans.

JJ

Can't depend on cellphones in an emergency!  

Russ

I have a housephone for longdistance and other uses SD.. When you get a house you might change your mind, I thought I would get rid of it until I became a homeowner.

I agree JJ.. I keep telling starfishie that a Sat Phone would be useful in emergencies so we should get one! Its not working thus far.

purelife

Oh, I forgot to ask.  How's your finger, Miss P.C.?  I hope ouchie has disappeared....

I can see that a home phone isn't a necessity for some if they are barely at home or something like that.  I don't think I would ever just rely on a cell phone.  I totally appreciate having a home phone.  It's so cheap and you can talk for ever if you wanted to.  :)  In the U.K., British Telecom charges for incoming calls and outgoing calls, just like the cell phone on a home phone.  I don't know if they still do it now but oh my gosh, it was expensive!!!!  So, you could get a home phone that could only accept incoming calls and no outgoing.

Sportsdude

Islanders don't use cell phones, I forgot. lol (nobody in nanaimo did at least)

I just cut my own hair.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Ya dope.  Did you get out at all, when you lived there ?  Of ALL the people I know on the island...I am the only one I know that doesn't have a cell phone.  

|