The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Now that really IS nothing interesting.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I can't help but stop at every French town in Manitoba.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

WTF wrote:
How the hell does someone move to a new country, catch a flu AND get diagnosed in 2 days????
A lot of airports in asia have a person with a infra red scanner - they take a "shot" of everyone.  If you are over a temp of "X" the pull you off to the side and start asking question.  

If you have a true fever they will quarenteen (sp?) you immediately.  After SAR they are not taking a lot of chances.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lil Me

I have no freeken idea what I want to be when I grow up.

The company that I stumbled into 6 months ago is undergoing massive expansion and I'm an integral part of it.  Halp!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Running notes through Canada

I like Saskatoon
Winnipeg gave me St Louis horror filled flashback paranoia
Calgary is illogically designed and planned
Calgary is smog ridden like no other
I didn't know National Parks were created to be like Stanley Park (i always thought they were going to be wild-ish)
I've come to the conclusion that I've been spoiled by Vancouver Island scenery and now I'm never going to be impressed by anything. :(
Bummed about wildfires in BC, ruined picture abilities.

I'm clearly a BCer.

Lil Me

Calgary illogical?

The streets run in N-S and E-W grids and all the major streets are highways.

The subdivisions streets are grouped by "theme" (can identify the subdivision by the street name).

Sportsdude

If every other street is a blvd highway, you better know where you're going downtown or it'll take 50mins to find something.

The blvds/parkway ideas only work if you spread the strips out and give ample time for maneuvering. Calgary is too squished together.

The area around U of C is Florida-esque in how not to do things.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Maaaaybe?[/div]  Sorry, I just started humming the toys r us theme song to myself when I read that you dont know what you want to be when you grow up
Its now stuck in my head.
I figured I could share that with you. lol.

Well, I have now been told we are picking up cedar slats and painting them for the fence tomorrow.lol

van_guy

Russ,

You are a chaisaw kinda guy.

Theres a condo going in 2 blocks from me and they had to fall several large trees.

I look at the wood there and think "gad zooks" there's firewood for a year there.

I'm sure the developer would be happy if someone came and took it as he won't have to pay someone to cart it away but likely can't advertise as such due to liability concerns.  what are the rules regarding this?

Russ

van_guy wrote:
 Russ,

You are a chaisaw kinda guy.

Theres a condo going in 2 blocks from me and they had to fall several large trees.

I look at the wood there and think "gad zooks" there's firewood for a year there.

I'm sure the developer would be happy if someone came and took it as he won't have to pay someone to cart it away but likely can't advertise as such due to liability concerns.  what are the rules regarding this?

LOL, yes I have a few chainsaws.
I dont actually know what the rules are regarding that. I assume you would have to ask the guy about it before taking it. I dont think it would be a liability issue to let someone come get it? I see it advertised alot on craigslist and such. Saying firewood.. you come and chop it up.
If they are big trees they are probably worth some money..
You have me curious now

van_guy

LOL, yes I have a few chainsaws.
I dont actually know what the rules are regarding that. I assume you would have to ask the guy about it before taking it. I dont think it would be a liability issue to let someone come get it? I see it advertised alot on craigslist and such. Saying firewood.. you come and chop it up.

Yeah I assumed as much .

If they are big trees they are probably worth some money..
You have me curious now

Exactly - the ones Im thinking about are at least 2.5 - 3 feet in diameter.
They have already been bucked into 6-8 foot lengths - I'm wondering if you had a picker truck and a low boy if you could make some money at that??

P.C.

Yes, you sure could make some money at it.  Firewood is EXPENSIVE these days.  It might even be cheaper to mail free logs through Canada Post, than to buy a chord of wood.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
Yes, you sure could make some money at it.  Firewood is EXPENSIVE these days.  It might even be cheaper to mail free logs through Canada Post, than to buy a chord of wood.  [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif[/img]  

My dad was talking about it a little while ago.. you can buy 8 chords of wood links, not split from tree cleaning further up island. Its like 4 or 5 hundred? They bring a big dump full of the links and dump it on your property..

This was the theory behind us buying him a wood splitter.
LOL, it has been used ONCE

|