The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Well that was money well spent.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Did you just go and admire yourself in the mirror with your new jacket on ?

Lil Me

Is this how the they teach you to think in Quebec?  Very confusing indeed.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:

The asian girls are at Metrotown. ;)

no kidding. Sometimes I feel like I'm in Aberdeen Centre when I'm at Metrotown. Although not to the 'wanting to break the colour barrier' extent.

When I see asian girls, some of them wear these heel boots with skirt (no legging) and I just shake my head...It's so cold out there!!!

My friend does this, her response is "if you're going to go with a skirt, gotta go all the way" she deplores legging skirt girls, laughs at the other asians.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

There are way too many "how to cook the best juiciest turkey" recipes out there that I'm lost.  At least I'll plan the time to brine my turkey and also invest in a meat thermometre.  

P.C.

What kind of turkey is it Miss purelife ?    

P.C.

Over 2 feet of snow in Qualicum...just from noon yesterday til this morning.  More is expected tomorrow and Sunday.  

Russ

P.C. wrote:
Over 2 feet of snow in Qualicum...just from noon yesterday til this morning.  More is expected tomorrow and Sunday.  

Yeah, my dad is trying to make a break to the island tomorrow before it gets too bad for him to get there.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

The highway at French Creek was shut down for a few hours last night.

purelife

P.C. wrote:
What kind of turkey is it Miss purelife ?

I have a young turkey.  Brand is Granny's.

Do you recommend brining, P.C.?  I just realized that I don't have a stock pot big enough for it.  I'll probably borrow one from mom.

Orca

P.C.

Hi Orca !  Nice to see you.....and of course your puppy avatar always brings a smile too.

purelife....I have never brined a turkey....I usually cover the surface and wrap the legs with bacon...so it sort of brines it in a different way.  But I often have a Butterball....so they don't need to be brined.  As do some other types of turkeys.....that's why I asked what kind it is.  Turkeys labeled "enhanced" "basted" or "self-basting" have already been "brined."   I don't think Granny's is pre-brined though....and from everything I've read, it makes a very positive difference.  

|