The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

You know your kids friends spend a lot of time at your house when you start keeping their favorite snacks around  :D

Lil Me

Today is my Friday and I'm brain fried.  I have no idea what I ate for breakfast, where I parked my car, or where my wallet is.

But darn...I could tell you all about water rights as a common property resource in Sri Lanka.

Need sleep.  And alcohol.  Will probably drink wine and watch some netflix tonight.  House of Cards or Suits?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Quote from: Russ on Jun 25 14 03:38
Hello PL.
Little ones are doing well. Lil SS wears dresses and hats ALL the time now, sometimes two at once. Lil Russ is different than lil SS growing up. We noticed lil Russ is more curious and tries to touch and play with every little thing, while lil SS would want the stuff, but never really played with it. Lil Russ likes to follow lil SS around everywhere, and when she plays with something he tries to get involved. Big sister she is, she will push him down and he starts crying. Lol. He is days away from walking, he pulls himself up and walks along walls and couches, but can't let go yet.

How are things with you and the family?

Sounds like you have a typical girl and boy. :)  Mine are like that too, boy getting into things more than girls.  Aargh, my 4 yr old drives me bonkers sometimes.  There is never a dull moment in our household.  He is a little trouble maker for his own good.

I am looking into changing jobs, need something new and looking into getting some sort of creditation under my belt as I was a college drop out.  Time for change this year.

Gopher

Had black sausages for breakfast, they were not at all as bad as they looked.

I am in Tampere now, I like it far better than Helsinki and it's more how I imagined Finland would be.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Are you not in England now, Gopher?  I received your card, and it (the town) looks very old and beautiful.   I feel pangs of envy about your on-going adventures.  You certainly deserve all the enjoyment you are now experiencing.  How I would love to follow in your footsteps and see all the beauty and charm that you are seeing!

Life here is just as mundane and boring as always, punctuated by a never-ending stream of nurses with notebooks detailing the sameness of my life with meds, followed by instructions to eat more, more, more.  I am also instructed to get more sleep.  When I explain that one of the meds is responsible for keeping me sleepless, they agree that  it is known to do that but I must get more sleep anyway.  Rather contradictory, don't you think?  However, I am still upright and somewhat mobile, so no complaints.

I see that my oldest cat insists that he is hungry  (he's not, but wants the attention), so I'm going to persuade him that the outdoors is a great option to food.  He weighs around 20 pounds, so his complaints of imminent starvation are somewhat unconvincing.

It's time to make the living room a little tidier.  The cats tend to rearrange the cushions and push the candle holders closer to the edge of the coffee table.  It's their way of contributing to the look of the room.  I have also learned that leaving a clean pot on the stove convinces them that it is hot, and keeps them off it.

Bye for now, and continue to enjoy your most excellent adventure.  I am wishing for your good health,  and continued happiness.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Back to England on Monday. I will write more then, not easy on this tablet. All very laid back - but not cheap. Wish I could post some photos..

Gopher

Today I learned that sanomat means newspaper and not automatic laundry as I had first thought.

Natasha

After a full week I'm finally teenager free.

They'll slowly start coming back tomorrow though  :D

Russ

Quote from: purelife on Jun 27 14 11:40

Sounds like you have a typical girl and boy. :)  Mine are like that too, boy getting into things more than girls.  Aargh, my 4 yr old drives me bonkers sometimes.  There is never a dull moment in our household.  He is a little trouble maker for his own good.

I am looking into changing jobs, need something new and looking into getting some sort of creditation under my belt as I was a college drop out.  Time for change this year.

Wish you all the best in your future endeavours PL.. its not easy to change when you have been in a routine for so long.

Lil SS was in Emerg yesterday, she went outside barefoot and got a sliver in her foot from something. It was too deep for SS to get out so she went to our family Doctor.. who said he couldnt do it, so on to Emerg. Apparently when the doctor took it out, it was in three pieces.. and took a few nurses to help. LOL.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 28 14 04:09
Had black sausages for breakfast, they were not at all as bad as they looked.

I am in Tampere now, I like it far better than Helsinki and it's more how I imagined Finland would be.

Whats in the Black Sausages Gopher? Do you know? Is it like a blood sausage?

Enjoy your trip!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

kitten

I recall that my first husband brought some sausages home from a Hungarian deli once.  One look convinced me that they couldn't possibly be edible.  I stuck with a salmon salad for my meal and decided that I would rather eat in the living room rather than watch him eating it.  It was blood sausage and I couldn't watch him eating it after seeing it raw.  It didn't look any better once it had been cooked.   ::)
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Just had two more for breakfast and also some egg butter which is new to me

Lil Me

PL- bonus if you can get your current employer to pay for your accreditation.
CFA? CFP? CGA? Insurance?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Visited a WW2 bombshelter this morning - very atmospheric with machine guns and other Finnish WW2 artefacts on display, not to mention present day Finnish soldiers in period uniform.

|