The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 06 14 09:58
I found it five hours later - in my bed!

So...your phone was feeling a little tired.  That's all.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

I have a cell phone for emergencies, but since I have yet to have an emergency, it remains on its charger base. 
Who knows, the time may yet come when it will be pressed into service.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Mine is in use (for texts) almost incessantly, perhaps that's why it decided to take a rest in my bed.

Meanwhile, what they thought 2000 fashion would be like in 1939.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52284/what-1939-thought-fashion-2000-would-look
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

The home nurse showed up today and wasted my morning lecturing me on which pills to take, and when to take them.   She is immensely tiresome, and responds to any question I might have with a lecture on the importance of taking my pills whether I feel that I need them at that particular time or not.  She was referring specifically to the pills for pain, which I must take whether or not I need them at that particular time or not.  If I actually do need the pills for pain control, I am not allowed to take them until the appointed hour.  This was spoken most emphatically, as if I would be likely to disobey this female dictator.  So the rule goes....Take at appointed time, not necessarily when most needed, but when she says I am permitted.  This is at variance with the doctor's orders, but in agreement with the label on the bottle, which specifies how much I can have and when.  The pharmacist told me that they were required to specify (by B.C. law) time and quantity, but I could actually have one when need was greatest.  This Teuton Dragon said the label was the law.  (according to her, not the doctor!)   
The dragon told me that I could only take them as directed, not as I was told by the doctor and the pharmacy.  Apparently she thinks that both the doctor and the pharmaceutical staff are idiots that don't know what they are doing.  Since I do need on-going care at home, I shall simply grit my teeth in a non-committal smile, and wait for her to go away as soon as possible.

Gopher

Can't you have a word with the doctor - or simply disobey orders? I would have thought that 'as necessary' would make them more effective. Unless of course, she is more highly qualified than your doctor.

I hate these little Hitlers.

kitten

To my regret, the Home Health doctor is unavailable when I try to call directly, and I always get a recorded message to leave a message which will be ignored when he does check his messages.  There is no one else to complain to, so I'll have to put up with it for now.  You know the old saying, "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none at all."  So, rant over, I'll just wait and see what happens.
Today was marvelous!  Lovely warmth, a slight breeze, and sitting outside sipping juice.  So tranquil and relaxing.  Glad to be alive to enjoy days like this. 

Gopher

Yesterday I went to Brass on the Grass in the local park and thoroughly enjoyed it. The event was in celebration of the 100th birthday of the bandstand. Lots of people, a real picnic atmosphere and the epitome of small town English 'cool'. - Straight from Midsomer Murders. Absolutely idyllic. I stayed four hours instead of the planned one hour. All the bands were excellent and since then I've not been able to get the Cornish Floral Dance out of my head.

Next week there is the annual Food Festival which means that at least two streets will be closed again.

Congleton is a happening place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz9QitmuH3w

kitten

The food festival should be a wonderful thing to attend.  (licking chops longingly)  You seem to be on a never-ending party filled with gorgeous sights and sounds and the very best of all things enjoyable.  Life as it should be in a perfect world!

Sportsdude

Hi purelife!

Sorry for not replying in a week or so. Moving, cleaning, research and dealing with 9 months of sleep deprivation has started to visibly take a toll. Thankfully, when I get back to Montreal on the 20th I will buy a bed. I haven't had a bed for almost three years...

Heading to Seattle tomorrow and then back up to Vancouver. I've been promised a bed for a few days, so I'll start feeling like a human again. 

The previous tenant of my place was a kook who never cleaned. I've been scrubbing the place down over and over again to get out the various smells and odors. I went through a severe bout of renter's regret this week. In time, though, I should be fine.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Sportsdude

Quote from: Gopher on Jun 09 14 09:33
But think of the experience! ;D

Of sleep deprivation? Haha...
The experience so far has been cleaning my very own first place. It needs a bed, though.

Existential thought of the day: I've been in the country for no more than four hours and thoughts of returning come to me, but I'm never willing to do it. I'm not ready yet, I guess.

Gopher

Oh, it can take years SD. Just make the most of wherever you are at the time.

kitten

I've learned that the more you experience in a new place, the more it starts to feel like home.  So keep looking around for new things to do, and you'll start feeling more comfortable as time goes on.  I remember it felt sort of strange adjusting to Vancouver after living in Montreal, but now I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.  This is my home and I am very content here.

Sportsdude

Many thanks for your guidance and wisdom, Gopher and Kitten. I suppose I should clarify: Montreal has been great when I get sleep, haha. It's actually the first specific place I've lived - the pacific northwest is a region and not a city - where I feel connected. For me, in my case, it means caring about the city and the people. A lot of this is a reflection of why I'm here, but I can see myself living here if I learned French! True, a lot of my friends are moving to Toronto.

The existential thought is about the US. I rarely enter the country anymore and the place keeps getting stranger and stranger!

Plane delayed in Chicago. The battery on the plane died.

kitten

My neighbor was just here with a generous slice of home-made lemon cheesecake.  I ate a bit of it and it is soooo good.  She has a talent for cooking, and especially desserts, and she is happy to share them with me.  Naturally I enjoy being on the receiving end of them.  I ate a small portion of it, and kissed goodbye to lunch.  Mac and cheese sounded quite mundane by comparison.  I intend to have it for supper instead.  I eat such small amounts that the meal would never qualify as a full-fledged dinner.  More like an enlarged snack!

|