The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

If I could tweet, and I knew any people to tweet to, I would do it.  My tweeting isn't loud enough to disturb a bird on the lawn.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kitten

TehBorken

I don't tweet, I don't facebook, I don't instagram, no pinterest, linkedin, none of that shit.

Now get off of my lawn!   :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

Thank you very much, but I prefer my lawn anyway.  (Picture thumb to nose) ;D

TehBorken

Nyaa nyaa  lol

(http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2010/11/18/1290081208752/Young-boy-thumbs-his-nose-005.jpg)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

NICE!!   Exactly what I had in mind, minus the age difference of a few decades. ;)

kitten

Rain is so cruel to my aged body.  No sleep last night and lots of aches and pain.  It will get nicer as the week goes on,  and I look forward to next weekend when it is supposed to warm up.  I still have the windows to look out and see the beautiful flowers, and that helps a lot when it is grey and wet outside.  I'm forever grateful to my dear friend for planting them for me.  I owe him something special for his birthday.  Maybe a big bottle of vodka would please him.

kitten

A neighbor suggested that I might try instant coffee since the good stuff is wasted on my tastebuds  for the time being.  I just had my first instant coffee in about thirty years.  I thought that over the years there might be an improvement in taste by now.  Instead, they have managed to make it even less palatable than it was. :'(  Just imagine the science devoted to creating a truly bad cup of coffee!  Said neighbor is now going to inherit the rest of the jar as a fitting penalty for his recommendation.   What absolute sludge!  Never again, believe me.  I'll gladly do without coffee until I can taste a properly brewed cup again.  Tea is delightful!    ;D

Sportsdude

Quote from: kitten on May 23 14 05:31
Congratulations, SD!  I liked Montreal in the summer.  I lived near Sherbrooke St? Avenue?, on Shuter St.  I remember a gorgeous place on Sherbrooke that served the best gravy I've ever eaten.  I worked at the Allen Memorial Institute, about a half-hour walk, and would climb part-way up and lie in the grass and read after work.

It's good to see you back on the board here.

Hmm. The street you used to live on off Sherbrooke Ave is now called Aylmer. You lived in the McGill Ghetto/Milton Park neighbourhood! Pierre Trudeau's art deco bachelor pad is down the street from the institute. Was the grass part of a field? There's a field in front of the institute now. It has castle looking towers and what not. My reading park for that area is the "parc off parc" north of the intersection of Parc and Pins. Otherwise I try and find a tree in Maisonneuve or Lafontaine. It's windier than the plains here.

Le Club du Hockey lost.

I went for a run last night around the Plateau. It was quite nice.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Very nice.  I don't have to walk my cats.  Lovely independent creatures they are.  So considerate.

Gopher

Quote from: kitten on May 27 14 12:51
Very nice.  I don't have to walk my cats.  Lovely independent creatures they are.  So considerate.
And born rulers.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

My next door neighbour is walking his cat on a leash!
Poor cat is recovering from surgery and not allowed to wander.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

My poor Kaycee needed a collar  ( the Cone of Shame!) for a couple of weeks quite a while ago.  It took ages for him to get over his embarassment!

kitten

I love the irony in this category.  There are so many interesting things said here!

|