The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Orik, I suddenly realized who you are.  You joined just a few months after me.  Good to see you are still here!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kitten

I guess I was wrong.  I thought I saw a recent post by him in this thread, but when I scrolled back I couldn't find  him.  Oh well.

kitten

This is so strange.  I see 5o guests, but nobody is posting.  I wonder why.

kitten

It's getting late, so I give up.  I'm off to bed.  See you tomorrow.  Good night.

kitten

Good Morning.  How's the weather where you live?  It looks like iffy weather here in Burnaby.  Maybe rain, maybe some sun, very cloudy right now.  How I would love some sunshine for a change!  Time to feed some hungry cats, so see you later....at least I hope I will.

kitten

It appears cell phones and iPads have destroyed any interest in this form of communication.  It's a real shame because this used to be a lively and interesting site with so many people contributing.  I wish everyone could remember how much fun it was to chat with each other and exchange ideas with other friendly people.   

TehBorken

Yep, a lot of stuff has gone mobile and everything is twitter and facebook. 140 characters seems to be the limit for expressing ideas and communicating now. Bleah.

Quote from: kitten on May 10 14 05:28
It appears cell phones and iPads have destroyed any interest in this form of communication.  It's a real shame because this used to be a lively and interesting site with so many people contributing.  I wish everyone could remember how much fun it was to chat with each other and exchange ideas with other friendly people.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

So what happens now?  Does this mean the end of Discover Seattle?  Am I to lose the last place I finally managed to come back to with high hopes of regaining friendships?  I personally may not be here by the end of the year, but I had hoped for friendship at the end of the road.  My heart is breaking at the loss of my "friendly space".  Being alone is sad, but I can't make friends in a housing unit filled with addicts, pushers, and drunks.  I wouldn't want them here in any case.

kitten

Good Morning!  It's going to be sunny today as soon as the early clouds go away.  My depression has lifted and I'm feeling great.  Been up since 4AM  again.  As soon as the cats saw the light they started asking for food, which is out of the question until 6AM.  They went away disappointed and went back to sleep.  Sort of wished I could have, but I was too wide awake.  Anyway,  have yourself a lovely day.  By the way, I've been reading about your trips to Cambodia.  It's so fascinating and the pictures are a real eye-opener about life on the other side of the world.  Thank you so much for this wonderful excursion and I love the accompanying letters.  You write so well that it was a delight to read.  Have you ever taken an interest in compiling this into a book form?  I would certainly send for a copy!

TehBorken

Quote from: kitten on May 11 14 09:05By the way, I've been reading about your trips to Cambodia.  It's so fascinating and the pictures are a real eye-opener about life on the other side of the world.  Thank you so much for this wonderful excursion and I love the accompanying letters.  You write so well that it was a delight to read.  Have you ever taken an interest in compiling this into a book form?  I would certainly send for a copy!

I'm glad you liked it...the whole thing was an adventure for me, something that put my life on a whole different track.

Several friends have been after me for some time to turn it into a book, so I may do something like that. Getting started is the hard part. :)

As for Sakha and I, well, we've been happily married for five years now (time flies, huh?), and we're coming up on our sixth anniversary in June. All I can say is that I got enormously lucky when I met her. :) 

I'll never forget the first time I "saw" her on Skype. My buddy Jack and I had been grousing bitterly about women for months and months; both of us were just as discouraged and fed up with the women we were meeting as could be. The very idea of either of us dating or getting married again was so far off the radar even the Hubble couldn't find it. 

I had gotten a web cam the day before so I could talk with Sakha, but I felt pretty crappy the next day, just sick and not feeling well at all. But I didn't want to be rude and blow her off so I figured I'd connect with her, say hello, chat with her for a few minutes, and then talk with her more the next day when I was feeling better.

When she popped up on the screen I started feeling really sick, all hot and sweaty and kind of nauseous. I'm not kidding- I actually thought I was having a f*cking heart attack, right in front of her on camera. :(

But it wasn't a heart attack....it was looooooooooooooooove. lol

So we spoke for maybe 30 minutes on Skype, and afterwards I came bounding out of the room, grabbed Jack, and told him, "JACK, JACK, I'VE GOT TO GO TO CAMBODIA RIGHT AWAY!!"

Jack: What??

Me: I have to get to Phnom Penh as soon as possible!! I need to get a ticket so I can go next week!!

Jack: Wh...WHAT?

Me: Yeah, I have to go marry this girl!"

Jack: WHAT?

It was pretty funny, actually. He looked at me like I had gone utterly insane, lol.   But ten days later I was in Phnom Penh getting engaged. :)

Jack later married one of Sakha's friends"Pheara"  that we introduced him to. :)  After Pheara came here and got her US citizenship they emigrated to Cambodia and they're now living happily just outside of Phnom Penh. Sakha and I are going to visit them again in August or September.

kitten

That is wonderful for both you and Sakha, and also for your friend Jack and Pheara.  Wow!  Two happy ever after stories.  So very heartwarming to hear such beautiful stories.  Love at first sight, over Skype of all things.  Amazing!  Congratulations on your upcoming sixth anniversary!  She sounds like a perfect match for you.  I gather you will be taking her somewhere special to celebrate.

TehBorken

Quote from: kitten on May 11 14 12:29I gather you will be taking her somewhere special to celebrate.

I'll be taking her to Cambodia for a couple of weeks in August, that's what she wants for an anniversary gift. :)

I always bring her flowers to her at work on Valentines Day, her birthday, and our anniversary. The other girls at her work just smile and grit their teeth because their husbands never ever do anything like that for them. They're very jealous and catty, but Sakha just laughs about it when she gets home. "Oh, they so SO mad!"  lol

kitten

Isn't that one of the really, really hot months?  Or does it cool down a bit by then?  Anyway, that is a lovely Anniversary gift and so very thoughtful.  The idea of bringing flowers to her workplace must really annoy the other girls.  Love it!  Sakha must feel so proud of her man.  She sounds like a beautiful person, both inside and out.  I forgot to ask before but how does your mother-in-law enjoy her visits to your place?  It is such a culture shift for her!

kitten

Good morning. :)   It will be another lovely day and I'm looking forward to the things I have planned to do.  First on the agenda will be to feed the cats.  The feral stray came in looking for breakfast, but they all won't be fed until six A.M., so they'll have to wait a while longer.  My two want to eat... right!... now!!    Later this morning I have a trip to my doctor, and then the day is clear.  I have plans to sit outside for a couple of hours and catch up on the newspaper and the crossword puzzles.  Then some housework and cooking.  I'm waiting for a friend to call, as he may need to go to the hospital and I've offered to take him and look after his cat while he's gone.  He has been a lot of help to me and it's the least I can do to pay it back.  After that, who knows, but something is bound to turn up.  Have yourself a lovely day and a prosperous one.

TehBorken

Quote from: kitten on May 11 14 03:22Isn't that one of the really, really hot months?  Or does it cool down a bit by then?

April and May are the two hottest months, by August/September it's cooled down a bit (but still hot hot hot).

Quote from: kitten on May 11 14 03:22She sounds like a beautiful person, both inside and out.  I forgot to ask before but how does your mother-in-law enjoy her visits to your place?  It is such a culture shift for her!

She liked staying with us but was a bit bored, no one to talk to, not much for her to do. She went to TX a few weeks ago to spend time with her brother and his family. Lots more people she can talk with there, but she still wants to go back to Cambodia after visiting with them for a few months (she may come back here for a little bit before she goes back).

|