The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 14 12 05:27
Only interesting to me, probably... My son has reached his "target weight" required so that he can join the Air Force (which he intends to do ASAP). He's done really well, lost about 40lb in 8 ~ 9 months.
Congrats!!! Wish him well on his journey and may he always be safe.

Russ

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 16 12 10:46
Congrats!!! Wish him well on his journey and may he always be safe.

I agree. Good for him TB! He has accomplished a milestone on the game of life... shows he is willing to work for his goals.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Quote from: Gopher on Dec 14 12 11:45
The media is peopled by flibbetigibberts and popinjays.

I laughed. And my first thought is have you been trapped watching mary poppins?

Russ

Well, I hope TB doesn't ban me...

But Im going to be buying another Apple product.. Im going to get the latest iPad. Not because I already have some apple products.. well ok yeah thats part of it, but because I can sync into the navigation gear for my boat and use the ipad as an additional control screen. For some reason the type I have bought doesn't support other types of tablets.

What Im wondering, is if anyone has any experience with the Samsung tablet. Im looking at getting it for the wifey, and we can load it with leapfrog apps and others for the little one to play with.

TehBorken

Oh, I'm no fan of Apple, that's for sure, BUT.....I have to admit that they make good stuff.

My wife has an iPad (her 2nd, actually) and frankly it's a helluva nice gadget. I'm even thinking of getting one myself. It's a damn cool piece of hardware (and arguably the best tablet out there). Some of the newer Android-based are pretty damn good, though, and cost a lot less.

To me, however, buying a Kindle or other basic e-reader seems like a waste of money compared to buying a full-on tablet like an iPad.

But don't buy the Surface tablet. The Microsoft Surface is a piece of shit, and I strongly urge you not to waste your money on one. It's an expensive piece of crap.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 18 12 06:06
Oh, I'm no fan of Apple, that's for sure, BUT.....I have to admit that they make good stuff.

My wife has an iPad (her 2nd, actually) and frankly it's a helluva nice gadget. I'm even thinking of getting one myself. It's a damn cool piece of hardware (and arguably the best tablet out there). Some of the newer Android-based are pretty damn good, though, and cost a lot less.

To me, however, buying a Kindle or other basic e-reader seems like a waste of money compared to buying a full-on tablet like an iPad.

But don't buy the Surface tablet. The Microsoft Surface is a piece of shit, and I strongly urge you not to waste your money on one. It's an expensive piece of crap.

LOL!
Thats funny about the Surface Tablet. I must admit it wasn't even on my list.. but, um, its good to know its a piece of shit.
Yeah, Im surprised about the ipad. many of my friends like them. I just wonder how Im going to go about watching, um, borrowed movies on it.
Thanks for your help TB

Gopher

Why are people not bothering to provide instruction manuals these days? (Canon in particular).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Quote from: Gopher on Dec 19 12 09:30Why are people not bothering to provide instruction manuals these days? (Canon in particular).

Cuz they save a few cents by not including it in the box.

I worked for a company that made a very expensive high-end bar code printer, fairly techy stuff. One day they decided to stop shipping the 200-page manual with it so they could save 4 or 5 dollars per sale (and they made the customers buy it for $50!).

Overnight the volume of calls in the technical support center skyrocketed, and it ended up costing the company a fortune in tech support calls, not to mention the incalculable cost of the bad will and customer frustration it caused. It was a dick move.

Someone in marketing got a bonus for "saving the company money" but we lost 10 or 20 times as much providing tech support to people who never would have needed it if they'd only had a manual.

TehBorken

The forum has been updated to the latest version. Weeeeee.........

Gopher

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 19 12 09:37
Cuz they save a few cents by not including it in the box.

I worked for a company that made a very expensive high-end bar code printer, fairly techy stuff. One day they decided to stop shipping the 200-page manual with it so they could save 4 or 5 dollars per sale (and they made the customers buy it for $50!).

Overnight the volume of calls in the technical support center skyrocketed, and it ended up costing the company a fortune in tech support calls, not to mention the incalculable cost of the bad will and customer frustration it caused. It was a dick move.

Someone in marketing got a bonus for "saving the company money" but we lost 10 or 20 times as much providing tech support to people who never would have needed it if they'd only had a manual.

Going to take the darned thing back and badmouth Canon everywhere I go.

TehBorken

FYI....my wife said she'd give me her iPad if I got her an iPad Mini....so we went out tonight and I got her one.

$329 for the 16G wi-fi model.

It's very light weight and sorta cute, lol. It's just like a scaled down iPad, same controls, interface, etc.

Gopher

TehBorken

The world can't end on the 21st because the milk I just bought doesn't expire until the 28th.  Case closed.

DDD

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 20 12 04:48
The world can't end on the 21st because the milk I just bought doesn't expire until the 28th.  Case closed.

We have it upside down 2012 is 5015
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

I think you meant: 5105 sı 2102 uʍop ǝpısdn ʇı ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ

|